And now Vincent Taylor? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And now Vincent Taylor?

Gentleman, I did like Vincent Taylor quite a bit too... but it’s time to bite down hard on that mouth guard and think of the main goal: building a franchise and a sustained winner.
How does this build a winner? You don’t have much choice on the waiver wires that are better then Taylor on sept 3

If the Pats pick Taylor up I'm done with the minimal support I have given Flores...

I'm on his case from day 1. He gets no passes from me, and neither does Grier and his history of reverse constructing olines.
I agree.

Lol scheme fit.
They drafted Harris because he was a better fit the tj watt for the scheme. Look how that turned out. With Grier as gm during that draft. But it was probably gase fault lol.

Good teams adjust their schemes for talented players. Didn’t Shula say that? I can’t believe so many people are supporting this crap. No reason to cut Taylor or Denny. I will give you Tunsil because of draft picks. Ross will be crying when stadium is empty or full of fans for other teams. Eagle fans were posting on yahoo about taking over our stadium this year. I don’t like this regime. I am just going to come out and say it.
Probably was a 2 man revolt over the Tunsil trade...

We got money, but jettisoning players like this we will have to pay through the nose for a quality player to come here and bear the losses AND the Belichick approach with nary a result to back that approach up.

Flores and Grier are under the microscope. They get a free pass this year because the roster has been torn to shreds. But after next years free agency period with all of our cash and the draft with all the draft picks we'd better start seeing some progress.

Flores and Grier are under the microscope. They get a free pass this year because the roster has been torn to shreds. But after next years free agency period with all of our cash and the draft with all the draft picks we'd better start seeing some progress.
I'm not too optimistic about them spending big money in F/A in 2020. I suspect they'll sign F/A Offensive Linemen who have connections to both Flores and/or Googs. But that's about it. Nothing major or anything in terms of enormous amounts of money.

As far as Vincent Taylor is concerned, they've decided he wasn't a true scheme fit. And on top of that, I just read something on twitter where they weren't too pleased with his conditioning or commitment to it.

y'all think ireland and tannenbaum ****** this franchise up, just wait and see what it looks like if flores/grier doesn't work...ross selling and relocation.

I was a big taylor supporter but when you saw the usage and the fact he was not really making plays in the 4th preseason game vs backup scrub lineman the writings were on the wall

If the Pats pick Taylor up I'm done with the minimal support I have given Flores...

I'm on his case from day 1. He gets no passes from me, and neither does Grier and his history of reverse constructing olines.

What if they pick up Taylor, you have your hissy fit and then he gets released a few weeks later?

What if they pick up Taylor, you have your hissy fit and then he gets released a few weeks later?
Then my hissy fot is for nothing...but what about of he makes the Pats, beats the Phins twice a year for the next 5 years, and gets 3 Super Bowls out of it?

I was a big taylor supporter but when you saw the usage and the fact he was not really making plays in the 4th preseason game vs backup scrub lineman the writings were on the wall

You have a point...unfortunately we only have two seasons of game tape on him. This preseason says it all about this player.

You are spot on dude.

You would think there's more to this than just "fit" bc it's not like Taylor is a tweener or hasn't played well at times in his short career....better than other guys on this roster.

I don't understand some of the recent moves. We've gone real heavy with LBs and DEs but have very few big bodies on the Dline, only Wilkins/Godchaux/Jenkins. That's way too thin, even with a multiple front and using 3-man lines. The DEs/OLBs are all sub 265 minus Ledbetter.

I was hoping Miami would go for Zach Seiler and Willie Henry from Baltmore. Both guys are strong and Sieler can play inside and out with his size/speed.

I may have taken a flyer on Noah Spence as well to play the hybrid OLB/DE role. He's terrible against the run but incredibly quick rushing the passer. As long as he's stayed clean in the NFL, he has raw skills to work with.

You would think there's more to this than just "fit" bc it's not like Taylor is a tweener or hasn't played well at times in his short career....better than other guys on this roster.

I don't understand some of the recent moves. We've gone real heavy with LBs and DEs but have very few big bodies on the Dline, only Wilkins/Godchaux/Jenkins. That's way too thin, even with a multiple front and using 3-man lines. The DEs/OLBs are all sub 265 minus Ledbetter.

I was hoping Miami would go for Zach Seiler and Willie Henry from Baltmore. Both guys are strong and Sieler can play inside and out with his size/speed.

I may have taken a flyer on Noah Spence as well to play the hybrid OLB/DE role. He's terrible against the run but incredibly quick rushing the passer. As long as he's stayed clean in the NFL, he has raw skills to work with.
What do you want more DTs? Then we can’t carry 6 RBs

Back
Top Bottom