And now Vincent Taylor? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And now Vincent Taylor?

Taylor is a 4-3 single gap DT. This system is a flex system and therefore you need players that have an ability to do more things. He ultimately didn't fit the system.

If what you’re saying is true, why didn’t they get rid of him in March or April? A solid young DT Has some trade value.

If what you’re saying is true, why didn’t they get rid of him in March or April? A solid young DT Has some trade value.

This season is about developing young players to ensure you have talent to compete for a long period of time. To accomplish this goal, you need to remove the “Progress Blockers” and fully commit to playing young players. Also, you need competition. Taylor is a young player. He was part of the competition, and it appears he was beat out based upon a number of factors. Releasing him in March or April is not conducive to competition.

Need to have a willing trade partner to trade people. I liked Taylor but he was not the DT teams were calling about

someone who signs with the Bills Practice squad has 0 trade value.
we had the worst defense last year and the worst offense very few
from that roster have trade value.

Fans cried we cut him. Cried we couldn’t at least trade him lol. Y’all still salty?!

This DL will be a read and react similar to the Patriots. Taylor lacks the ability to play that style.

This DL will be a read and react similar to the Patriots. Taylor lacks the ability to play that style.

I don't understand your claim...

Is Taylor not strong enough, agile enough, intelligent enough to respond to all this good coaching and development that is supposed to be going on?

Vincent Taylor as a rookie had the best pff grade against the run than any rookie in the history of pff. I don’t have a link but at that time I would always post it. I thought he had plenty of potential. I still think he deserves a spot on this incredibly talented team and I’m still pissed we cut him. Idk if maybe last yrs injury was still affecting him

Did you mention Carson Wentz with a bunch of scrub QBs?
I am hoping Rosen is the guy so we don’t have to draft a QB - there generally are more busts to mediocre QBs drafted than studs. Imagine we don’t need a QB and we can take a ton of other dudes w our picks? We would get good quickly.

Back
Top Bottom