And SI's Top 2014 Draft Prospect is... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And SI's Top 2014 Draft Prospect is...

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater.

Glad to see they didn't bend to the smokescreens and wishy-washy draft media. I've seen every game he's played in college and I'm no homer. If he wasn't any good or as good as advertised I'd tell you. He's as good as advertised. He can step in and start day 1 and there's no other QB in this draft you can say that about. If someone tries to start Manziel day 1, may lord have mercy on their souls. You could most certainly make the argument that Clowney should be the top prospect and I would agree with you. But Bridgewater is the top QB prospect and I firmly believe that when it's all said and done, he will turn out to be the best QB out of this draft.

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/29/2014-nfl-draft-top-64-teddy-bridgewater/?xid=nl_siextra

Conclusion: The more I go back and rewatch Bridgewater tape, the less willing I am to drop into the seemingly common perception that he hads some abnormally low ceiling, and that he’ll top off pretty quickly in the NFL. Most of his deep ball issues can be fixed by the kinds of coaching and strength training that all kinds of quarterbacks (Drew Brees and Tom Brady come immediately to mind) have benefited from in obvious ways. And yes, he played at about 190 pounds through the final bit of his 2013 season, but showing up weighing 214 pounds at the combine was a definite statement. And yes, he really blew it at his pro day … but let’s be real here: Any NFL executive who will throw multiple scouted games out the window based on a shirt-and-shorts session, whether positive or negative, is probably on his way out the door.

Is Bridgewater the perfect collegiate quarterback? No. There are clearly things he needs to work on, which is true of just about every quarterback prospect. But when it comes to combining innate skills and developmental potential in an NFL view, it’s hard for me to put anyone above Bridgewater. He already has a lot on the ball, and with time and patience, he could be the kind of quarterback that defines a franchise.

Back
Top Bottom