And the Giants are openly tanking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Giants are openly tanking

Gonzo

Who dat?
Club Member
Reaction score

Might as well. Works in other leagues. Won't help them if they stick with McAdoodoo.

Might as well go with Davis Webb. See what the rookie has

Might as well go with Davis Webb. See what the rookie has

That would make a tad more sense, but not much. What will you learn from a rookie QB behind a **** o-line with one other offensive weapon (who is also a rookie)? Not much. Particularly when the rest of the team is likely not overly happy about the decision. Better to show respect to the QB who brought you two Super Bowls and move on in the offseason if that's the plan, though I bet their new HC will disagree. Best plan is to keep Eli and draft an eventual replacement.

People though the Phins did Marino dirty. This is worse. The Phins never recovered.

I just don't understand why Giants fans are so pissed. Are the Giants just supposed to keep playing him until he decides he's done, regardless of how much he's sucking and how badly the team is doing? I understand he's got a streak going, but he's never catching up to Favre, so why does it matter if the streak ends now, or two weeks from now, or game 1 of next season?

Marino was right to retire when he did. He was a shell of his former self in 1999. Yet the Dolphins made the playoffs that season, and won their first playoff game. In fact, they got to the playoffs in each of Marino's last three seasons. The Giants aren't going to the playoffs this year, and have only been to the playoffs once since their Super Bowl in 2011-- and lost badly in their first game. Manning is already 36 and not getting any younger. Seems like it's definitely time to consider the future at the QB position.

I just don't understand why Giants fans are so pissed. Are the Giants just supposed to keep playing him until he decides he's done, regardless of how much he's sucking and how badly the team is doing? I understand he's got a streak going, but he's never catching up to Favre, so why does it matter if the streak ends now, or two weeks from now, or game 1 of next season?

Marino was right to retire when he did. He was a shell of his former self in 1999. Yet the Dolphins made the playoffs that season, and won their first playoff game. In fact, they got to the playoffs in each of Marino's last three seasons. The Giants aren't going to the playoffs this year, and have only been to the playoffs once since their Super Bowl in 2011-- and lost badly in their first game. Manning is already 36 and not getting any younger. Seems like it's definitely time to consider the future at the QB position.

That argument would work if his play has actually fallen off, but it most certainly hasn't, despite one of the worst supporting casts in the league right now. Patchwork o-line and WR corps, a backup RB, and a rookie (though promising) TE, all with a terrible offensive scheme. And yet, his production has only slipped a minimal level, if at all.

Further, that argument would work if you were talking about either someone better replacing him or a rookie that you consider to be the future, and even then it doesn't make much sense to make the change right now versus over the offseason. Davis Webb would have at least made a little tiny bit of sense. Instead, they're replacing him with a proven loser. How on earth is Geno Smith "the future?"

That argument would work if his play has actually fallen off, but it most certainly hasn't, despite one of the worst supporting casts in the league right now. Patchwork o-line and WR corps, a backup RB, and a rookie (though promising) TE, all with a terrible offensive scheme. And yet, his production has only slipped a minimal level, if at all.

Further, that argument would work if you were talking about either someone better replacing him or a rookie that you consider to be the future, and even then it doesn't make much sense to make the change right now versus over the offseason. Davis Webb would have at least made a little tiny bit of sense. Instead, they're replacing him with a proven loser. How on earth is Geno Smith "the future?"
I feel like geno smith's leash has to be reallllly short

Last edited:
McAdoo is a clown. This is downright dirty what they're doing to Eli. Yeah it's a business, but have some class.

Apparently Eli was first person spotted in the Giants building this morning, mentoring David Webb. Go figure.

If McAdud doesn't know what he has in Geno Smith, then he should be fired immediately.
They should fire him. Have you seen his post game pressers? Clueless

Adam Schefter had a post on his Facebook saying that McAdoo offer Manning the chance to start each game to keep his starting streak alive. What kind of a dick move is that?

Is Eli still starter worthy?

At this point in his career Eli is in decline, but I think he's still got some gas left in the tank. He'd probably need a pretty strong supporting cast around him. But he'd be fantastic as a stop gap/mentor option for a few teams around the league.

I'd put money on Eli ending up in Jacksonville next year. Tom Coughlin once said, 'He's the type of man you want your son to be,' or something to that effect. I think it would be a good fit for the team as well as Eli, so long as they can solidify their o-line.

I never liked McAdoo, he's covering his ass for the piss poor job he's doing as HC.

Back
Top Bottom