And the Heisman goes to........... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

Troy Smith will probably get it (and he does deserve it).

BUT IMO the top 3 should be Ray Rice, Garrett Wolfe, and Steve Slaton.

i don't think garrett wolfe deserves any consideration now. he's been stopped by two bad teams two straight games now. only had 45 yards against temple this week, and had like 20 last week against western michigan.

Wolfe is completely out of it imo. I think it'll come down to Smith/Quinn/Slaton/Johnson with Smith in the lead then the other 3 in any order.

DonShula84 said:
Wolfe is completely out of it imo. I think it'll come down to Smith/Quinn/Slaton/Johnson with Smith in the lead then the other 3 in any order.

then it should go to one of the many sophomore backs that have been carrying their teams. James Davis, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Darrent McFadden take your pick.

Nothing against Quinn or Smith, I just think those RBs have carried their teams to places no one expected them to be.

ChambersWI said:
then it should go to one of the many sophomore backs that have been carrying their teams. James Davis, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Darrent McFadden take your pick.

Nothing against Quinn or Smith, I just think those RBs have carried their teams to places no one expected them to be.

It would take a ridiculous season for a sophmore to win it and it wont happen, other than maybe Slaton. One because voters know they have more years to try for it, and two a lot of those players on your list havent gotten much national attention and it's pretty late for them to make up ground. Also I dont really agree with those guys carring their teams to places no one expected them to be. WVU especially.

Troy Smith will be up there. Slaton will be there.

Brady Quinn put himself back in the race today with that win as well

Its been a while since a heisman race has been so onesided....troy Smith was the preseason fav. and is just coasting along..

DBoston80 said:
Its been a while since a heisman race has been so onesided....troy Smith was the preseason fav. and is just coasting along..

He wasnt the preseason fav, but he is coasting along.

DBoston80 said:

last year was a while ago? Reggie Bush was the preseason favorite, AND won by the largest margin ever.

Back
Top Bottom