And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

Advertising is typically paid communication through a non-personal medium in which the sponsor is identified and the message is controlled. However, it can also include variations, such as publicity, public relations, personal selling, product placement, sponsorship, underwriting, and sales promotion

there is the rest of the quote for ya. some key words there are typically and the next sentence pretty much proves me correct.

:0wned: nice try leaving out the portion that proves you wrong. and dont call me timmy boy cause i am your daddy!!!:fire:

Timmy54 said:
and dont call me timmy boy cause i am your daddy!!!:fire:
I called you "Little Timmy."--not Timmy Boy. I hope I'm making you proud, Daddy...
But, nice job on the homework...they did show how to use the internet at least. That was nice of them...:D

yes, we have the internet in the south too!!!! and can look things up quickly just as you can.

OSUDauby said:
Ahem...from Wikipedia.com
Advertising is typically paid communication through a non-personal medium in which the sponsor is identified and the message is controlled.

I wonder where Ohio State sends the bill for "advertising" on their OWN website. I also wonder what they teach you all down there at UF in your business classes.:lol:

I think the word you are looking for here, Little Timmy is: PROMOTION.

You're Welcome.
Can we agree that anything you pay is a cost? I would hope so.

They may not come out of pocket, but this is an opportunity cost. That cost is whatever the OSU website could have charged for that banner space.
Therefore, it is an advertisement.

BTW, I can't stop laughing at someone bashing UF education when they rely on Wikipedia as a reference instead of an actually dictionary.

finswin56 said:
Can we agree that anything you pay is a cost? I would hope so.

They may not come out of pocket, but this is an opportunity cost. That cost is whatever the OSU website could have charged for that banner space.
Therefore, it is an advertisement.

BTW, I can't stop laughing at someone bashing UF education when they rely on Wikipedia as a reference instead of an actually dictionary.

and then he doesnt post a part that proves him wrong, like nobody else would look it up...or doesnt know what advertising is.

Timmy54 said:
and then he doesnt post a part that proves him wrong, like nobody else would look it up...or doesnt know what advertising is.
Apparently not everyone does. Then again, UF alumni are so poorly educated we really don't stand a chance when discussing a subject with such a mental giant :rolleyes2

finswin56 said:
Instead of an actually dictionary, huh??
Man, I hope you stop laughing soon and get back into your English class.:lol:
Unless of course, "Actually" is the brand of dictionary...much like a "Webster" dictionary.
That's what you were trying to say, right?? HA!

finswin56 said:
Apparently not everyone does. Then again, UF alumni are so poorly educated we really don't stand a chance when discussing a subject with such a mental giant :rolleyes2

To think UF alumni are shortchanged when it comes to mental ability and capacity, imagine what it must be like for someone who goes to a smaller school like the University of Akron.

OSUDauby said:
Unless of course, "Actually" is the brand of dictionary...much like a "Webster" dictionary.

Says the grammar expert........

OSUDauby said:
I called you "Little Timmy."--not Timmy Boy. I hope I'm making you proud, Daddy...
But, nice job on the homework...they did show how to use the internet at least. That was nice of them...:D

Stitches said:
To think UF alumni are shortchanged when it comes to mental ability and capacity, imagine what it must be like for someone who goes to a smaller school like the University of Akron.

PLEASE never compare Akron to the 19th ranked public university in the USA, THE Ohio State University.
Thank you ahead of time.

OSUDauby said:
Yeah, thanks for pointing out something that there is nothing wrong with.
Maybe you should have looked that one up in your "Actaully Dictionary" as well.:D

Your honestly gonna tell me that this...

they did show how to use the internet at least

is proper english?

OSUDauby said:
Whoa, you found a typo on a message board! Unbelievable!

Nothing like pointing out minutiae to distract from you chronic topical errors.

It's okay, you don't have to admit it. We already know you're wrong.

OSUDauby said:
PLEASE never compare Akron to the 19th ranked public university in the USA, THE Ohio State University.
Thank you ahead of time.

I'm pretty sure I was comparing the University of Florida to the University of Akron. And there are plenty of comparisons to be made between the University of Akron and Ohio State University. I'm sorry you feel the need to belittle everyone, but there are similarities to be found in nearly everything.

Edit: Hey, look at this. Guess my school must in fact be good at something, and better in some areas than your allmighty and uncomparable Ohio State.

The University of Akron is among only six other Ohio universities that had any programs ranked in the top 25 nationally. What is more, The University of Akron is the only public university in Ohio to have a science and engineering program ranked in the top five in the nation. Akron's Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering program is ranked second in the United States, ahead of such highly regarded universities as M.I.T. and Caltech.

http://www.uakron.edu/president/resrc/nat_rankB.php

Back
Top Bottom