And the Heisman goes to........... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the Heisman goes to...........

OSUDauby said:
And what would he say?!?!
Let me guess...it would go something like this...
"I'm SO good that I couldn't get out of double team coverage against an average Clemson team and caught ZERO passes."

Yeah, he'd have TONS to say. Like, "Thank You" for even being invited to NYC for the Heisman ceremony.

Troy Smith stands WAY above C.J....

Actually one of the knocks on Troy Smith is his height. He's around like 6 ft even. Calvin johnson is 6'5". So I think you had it backwards that CJ stands WAY above Troy Smith.

Frisches13283 said:
Actually one of the knocks on Troy Smith is his height. He's around like 6 ft even. Calvin johnson is 6'5". So I think you had it backwards that CJ stands WAY above Troy Smith.

:chuckle:

Frisches13283 said:

And that is the ONLY stat that C.J. has above Troy Smith. And it looks like he REALLY benefited from it during the Clemson game.

And just to add, only 2 WR have ever won the Heisman. Tim Brown/Desmond Howard. Do you think C.J. has done anything to compare to these two college football legends?!? Not at all.

Desmond Howard is the best college football player that I personally have ever seen. The only person that I can think of that had his talent on the college level was Reggie Bush.

OSUDauby said:
And that is the ONLY stat that C.J. has above Troy Smith. And it looks like he REALLY benefited from it during the Clemson game.

And just to add, only 2 WR have ever won the Heisman. Tim Brown/Desmond Howard. Do you think C.J. has done anything to compare to these two college football legends?!? Not at all.

Desmond Howard is the best college football player that I personally have ever seen. The only person that I can think of that had his talent on the college level was Reggie Bush.

Exactly.... CJ is an amazing player, and is gonna be a beast on Sundays.....

But he's not the best college football player... the best college football player is the reason his team wins games.......

Whitner20 said:

But he's not the best college football player... the best college football player is the reason his team wins games.......
Didn't you say something about OSU's O-Line? Which is it, the O-Line is great or is Troy Smith great? Cus I believe the O-Line is the reason tOSU wins games

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Didn't you say something about OSU's O-Line? Which is it, the O-Line is great or is Troy Smith great? Cus I believe the O-Line is the reason tOSU wins games

Don't bring that up. A QB on the #1 ranked team in the country having success because of the talent around him? No, that never happens.

OSUDauby said:

Both WRs you mentioned were returners for special teams as well. WRs don't win the heisman because they play a dependent position. Sometimes when dominant recievers stats are bad, it can be attributed to QB play. Just like a lot of times when recievers stats are really good, the QB garners a large share of the credit, which can hurt his voting. Recently a WR should have won the heisman, and instead it went to the QB of the number #1 ranked team in the country. The heisman went to Jason White, rather than going to Larry Fitzgerald who was easily the best college football player in the country.

And Troy Smith would most likely stuggle against Clemson behind Georgia Tech's line, almost as much as Reggie Ball did.

Whitner20 said:

I can find 50 kickers then who should be in the top 100 college football players.

Cuban Dave 9 said:

Troy Smith is great. The Line is also great... perfect team, remember.

Listen, Mods.... you might as well close this thread. Troy Smith is winning the Heisman...its gonna happen....

No amount of arguing about Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn, or Slaton is gonna change that.

Ohio State is winning the national championship. Troy Smith is winning the Heisman. Best damn team, coach, band, and fans in the land.... nothing else needs to be said.

at this point, ohio state losing any game would make me happier than UF winning a national championship.

Back
Top Bottom