And the starting O-line is... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the starting O-line is...

You guys do realize that Saban is expressing interest in giving W. Smith a shot to start at Center don't you?? Maybe Houck sees something in him afterall, and OT wasn't his natural position. To be honest with you, I don't want to see McKinney at C this year, we can do better than that....

I know W. Smith was horrible at OT. The funny thing is that his rookie season was his best. I think the fact that he degressed after that was a direct result of poor coaching. Everyone thought after his rookie season that he would improve, maybe now under Houck, he will....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Retnuhrace said:
Here is my hopeful starting O-line:

LT - John St. Clair
LG - Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot (NO McKinney!)
RG - Vernon Carey
RT - Stockar McDougal

I can seriously stare at that hit all day and not get board of it...:eek:

WelcomeBack said:
Eh, whatever...prediction night continues and I might as well take part in it.

C - Rex Hadnot
RG - Vernon Carey
LG - Jeno James
LT - Damion McIntosh
RT - Either John St. Clair or Stockar McDougle
I agree with that although i would think Stockar is a lock at rt.... on a side note this kid cook may start some trouble

Wade Smith gave up 12 sacks in his rookie year, the only reason he was named to the all rookie team was because there really were no other starting rookie LT's. Smith and McKinney battling it out for the center position doesnt give me alot of hope for that position. Hopefully Houck can work some sorta magic at the center position. When Carey was playing last year i dont really remember his name being called out at all for great play or poor play. So hopefully he can build on his limited experience last year and become a good starting guard, or at the least push Hadnot to be alot better. McDougle, McIntosh, and James have started alot in this league(compared to others on our line anyway) and hopefully they can turn things around for our line.(with help from Houck of course) Our line IMO doesnt look horrible at all, with all the competition for starting spots it looks like we'll come outta training camp with an average line or better.

LT: St Clair
LG: Jeno James
C: Hadnot (I hope)
RG: Carey
RT: McDougle

Thats probably our 5 best OL; the biggest ? will be if St Clair can make the switch and if Carey can play RG better than he did the 1 year at Miami which was his worst college season.

There's just so many possibilities and a big question mark is LT and C. Assuming and HOPING that McKinney doesn't start tis is what I think our starting Offensive Line will be:

2005 Starting Offensive Line
LT- Damion McIntosh
LG- Jeno James
C - Rex Hadnot
RG- Vernon Carey
RT- Stockar McDougle

I don't think I even want to guess the starting OL right now. So many players that I don't know how Houck feels about, and so many options to shuffle the line around.

One of the few things I feel strongly about is getting Seth McKinney on the bench and letting someone else start at Center. Even then, if Houck leaves him there? I'll assume being given proper coaching has made him a good enough player.

I think big changes are in store for the line though, so we should expect the revamped starting line-up to struggle a bit early in the season. I know many will scream and claim we are in for a repeat of last season. :eek: I say just be patient and expect things to gel as we get close to the middle of the season. The OL should be playing well as a unit by the end of the year. :cool:

Assuming injuries don't ruin it of course. :pray:

To me it speaks volumes that they only drafted one O-lineman and that wasn't until the 5th round. Saban and Houck must be happy with what they have and I'm sure they already have a plan. I'll trust them to put the 5 best on the field. I always felt like the O-line problems were mainly due to coaching and not the players.

Back
Top Bottom