And the starting O-line is... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

And the starting O-line is...

West-Fin_Fan

Regular Browser
Reaction score
What would you like our starting O-line to look like come September? I know that we brought in a lot of people last year who didn't get a chance to prove squat! (injuries) So, who would you like to see opening holes for R. Brown and protecting our QB? (notice I didn't specify one)

C: Seth
LG: Geno James
RG: Carey (don't think he'll cut it at T)
LT::confused: I have no clue!
RT: McIntosh

What's your take?

Eh, whatever...prediction night continues and I might as well take part in it.

C - Rex Hadnot
RG - Vernon Carey
LG - Jeno James
LT - Damion McIntosh
RT - Either John St. Clair or Stockar McDougle

hmmm.... All we know is that Carey will start, James will surely start and it looks like Stockar will start.

McIntosh - McJames - McKinney - McCarey - McDougle.

finsnchips said:
hmmm.... All we know is that Carey will start, James will surely start and it looks like Stockar will start.

McIntosh - McJames - McKinney - McCarey - McDougle.

McNugget? :lol:

LT - Alabi
LG - James
C - Hadnot/St. Clair
RG - Carey
RT - McDougle

LT - Macintosh
LG - James
C - Mckinney
RG - Carey
RT - Mcdougal

damn thatd be a massive right side... just run behind that beef and browns gonna do alright...

LT - Damion McIntosh (he's completely health and motivated...he will win the job)
LG - Jeno James (he will be much better with Houck coaching)
C - Rex Hadnot, St.Clair, or Wade Smith (anyone but McKinney please)
RG - Vernon Carey (Let the development begin, he will do well under Houck's tutelage)
RT - Stockar McDougal (he's a lock at right tackle)

Lots of BEEF..., they don't have to be the fastest lot..., like Mark Dixon (LT) said a few years back..., Emmitt Smith made that Dallas line look a lot better than it was... As did Ricky W. while he was here...

LT-St. Clair or Carey
RG-James
C-Mckinney (oh god no!)
RG-Carey or St. Clair
RT-McDougal

although he doesn't want to play the position, saban is forcing st. clair to take snaps at LT. ultimately i think he beats out smith and mcintosh. whatever spot st. clair doesn't get carey gets.

also, this line looked a lot better when jamie nails was healthy (maybe that had a lot to do with ricky's success.)

brech10 said:
still a real sketchy group

I don't think so. You add coaches Hudson Houck and Tim Davis to the mix, and this group looks real promising.

LT - Damion McIntosh 6ft. 4in. - 328lbs
LG - Jeno James 6ft. 3in. - 320lbs
C - Rex Hadnot 6ft. 2in. - 323lbs...or St. Clair 6ft. 5in. - 310lbs
RG - Vernon Carey 6ft. 5in. - 333lbs
RT - Stockar McDougal 6ft. 6in. - 335lbs

That's a lot of beef upfront. They should be able to wear defensive lines down in the fourth quarter. Houck on Gamble have to push these boys hard in the weight room.

Houck had less than this when he was at San Diego and turned them into a solid line. Afterall, the line showed signs of life towards the end of the season in pass protection, they just need to improve on the run game. With these guys having a full season playing together under their belts, new blocking schemes being implemented and far superior coaching, I think we will see a big difference with the line this year.

FinaticalOne said:
I don't think so. You add coaches Hudson Houck and Tim Davis to the mix, and this group looks real promising.

LT - Damion McIntosh 6ft. 4in. - 328lbs
LG - Jeno James 6ft. 3in. - 320lbs
C - Rex Hadnot 6ft. 2in. - 323lbs...or St. Clair 6ft. 5in. - 310lbs
RG - Vernon Carey 6ft. 5in. - 333lbs
RT - Stockar McDougal 6ft. 6in. - 335lbs

That's a lot of beef upfront. They should be able to wear defensive lines down in the fourth quarter. Houck on Gamble have to push these boys hard in the weight room.

Houck had less than this when he was at San Diego and turned them into a solid line. Afterall, the line showed signs of life towards the end of the season in pass protection, they just need to improve on the run game. With these guys having a full season playing together under their belts, new blocking schemes being implemented and far superior coaching, I think we will see a big difference with the line this year.

:evil: Man......going back and looking at the potential size of the right side of our line looks nasty. Carey at 6-5, 333lbs and McDougal at 6-6 335lbs :eek: . Ronnie Brown should gain 1200 yds running behind the right side alone... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom