and you all thought espn was a bunch of knuckleheads | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

and you all thought espn was a bunch of knuckleheads

mercury 40

Practice Squad
Reaction score
this is really radicle , i was watching the local sports a hour ago and the newscaster and sportscaster were throwing a temper tantrum because ou's qb jason white wasnt drafted but a tulsa qb was drafted. i thought that thes ou homers were pathetic then they didnt show any osu players that were drafted the dolphins and the osu cowboys get no love whatsoever. this nathan thompson must be a chris berman or salsbury clone. anyways it was funny that a sports caster was throwing a fit on tv.:roflmao:

There was a news anchor here in Tampa that reported "the Bucs had 9 second round picks today". :lol:

all i can say is i thought that draft coverage was horrible. it was like pulling teeth. some of the questions they were asking the players were unbearably uncofortable. the benson interview made me turn off the tv for a while. i hate the drama questions. how do you feel about your dead mother after you have just been drafted? that is by far the worst i have ever seen chris berman look. he seemed slightly irritated w/ that big bubble on his forhead. his jokes were flat and he seems like he is finally taking himself to seriously. espn online pisses me off when their leading story is part of insider. every day more and more article's are part of insider. this is what happens when corporations start taking over.

Tell me about it. ESPN online reported about 30 seconds before we took Ronnie, that we were going to take Edwards. This was based on having talked to a Miami coach who said they were going to take BPA and that they had Edwards rated ahead of Brown. 30 seconds later, I was glad to see they were wrong.

ESPN used to cover the draft very well. It used to be an informative show. Now, they have breeched the informative aspects for the purpose of entertainment. There was a time when they would talk about every pick.

Let me ask you guys this question . does the media in florida talk about one college and snub the other schools ? in okla. the daily oklahoman, and two news stations want to cover 1 college ou but they want to snub osu mainly because osu kept ou from going to two national championships. the media is really biased up here. does the media talk more about miami huricanes over the other schools ? i am just curious about florida.

as of right now UM is the media darling of Florida. It gets really irritating. But you have to deal with it. UM has dominated everyone.

Dolfan73 said:
as of right now UM is the media darling of Florida. It gets really irritating. But you have to deal with it. UM has dominated everyone.

In North Florida, they aren't.

ricky williams said:
all i can say is i thought that draft coverage was horrible. it was like pulling teeth. some of the questions they were asking the players were unbearably uncofortable. the benson interview made me turn off the tv for a while. i hate the drama questions. how do you feel about your dead mother after you have just been drafted? that is by far the worst i have ever seen chris berman look. he seemed slightly irritated w/ that big bubble on his forhead. his jokes were flat and he seems like he is finally taking himself to seriously. espn online pisses me off when their leading story is part of insider. every day more and more article's are part of insider. this is what happens when corporations start taking over.

Ya I agree. The whole draft coverage stunk! Horrible questions. Lack of coverage, and even the things right before the comercials sucked. "I have a stong arm" blah blah. I hope they realized that this was 100% horrible draft coverage!

KB21 said:
ESPN used to cover the draft very well. It used to be an informative show. Now, they have breeched the informative aspects for the purpose of entertainment. There was a time when they would talk about every pick.

How about Berman saying yesterday before we picked Brown that we wouldn't pick again until 70?

How does he not know we made the trade with KC?

Steve S said:
How about Berman saying yesterday before we picked Brown that we wouldn't pick again until 70?

How does he not know we made the trade with KC?

He corrected himself after the break. But it was still horrible overall coverage.

yea, why not pile on another one... Berman sucked, he always is terrible. but there was a new bad spot... Torry holt or should i say... Tttttttttttory holt. he must have mmmmumbled 75% of evvvverry word.

They need to burn down the Cold Pizza set. Every time they went to Vrabel, Jansen, trent green and that lady. I went and grabbed a snack or something. I despise Vrabel for some reason and trent green isnt far behind. Jon Jansen was the only one with anything intellegent to say.

Back
Top Bottom