Anderson Mayor's Cup Grand Prix | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anderson Mayor's Cup Grand Prix

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
Just under 2 months until until I compete in this kart race in Indiana. It's a sprint track setup in an old abandon mall parking lot in Anderson. The race is sponsored by SIRA a karting organization in Indiana that hosts 8 road races throughout the year in cities surrounding Indianapolis. Never been to this race before but it may provide another venue for my kart rental business.

4QK7WT3.png

I just cancelled going to this race next week. My local kart rental at The New Caesar Creek Speedway has taken off for my business and I'm going to stay in town and give my racing business to the local tracks this weekend.

My brother just got done manufacturing his asphalt kart and it needs some final shakedown before attending a big race like Anderson. We may try to make one of the SIRA races later in the year. They are also working on my 2nd brand new asphalt kart which will be available for arrive and race customers. This is getting real exciting.

To see the joy in some of our rental customers the last few races has been awesome. Never got that in my IT job.

This is one of the best race video's that we have captured this past weekend. My brother starts 7th of 13 karts and catches some really good racing action on his go-pro. A spin on the start behind him causes an early caution but after that we race 9 laps without issues. At one point they are racing 3 wide and exchanging places back and forth. Then driver in front clips a turtle and crashes into wall right in front of him. Rear wheel comes flying by him as he passes the wreck. They restart us for final 3 laps and Dan battles for 4th place but finally settles for 5th at the end. I’m up in front of him in orange kart taking 3rd place and winning my first money at Caesar’s Creek. We also had rental customer that finished in 8th place.

Staying home ended up being a great plan. My 2 rental customers ended up putting our karts in the money with 2nd and 3rd place finish.
We are gaining some credibility in the racing community each week. Here is the feature race filmed by Double Deuce Media. Troy drives the hell out of my Orange 13 kart to 2nd place. Had the engine turning 8100 rpm according Mychron. Kyle gets by my brother Dan for 3rd. Dan takes 4th.

This is one of the best race video's that we have captured this past weekend. My brother starts 7th of 13 karts and catches some really good racing action on his go-pro. A spin on the start behind him causes an early caution but after that we race 9 laps without issues. At one point they are racing 3 wide and exchanging places back and forth. Then driver in front clips a turtle and crashes into wall right in front of him. Rear wheel comes flying by him as he passes the wreck. They restart us for final 3 laps and Dan battles for 4th place but finally settles for 5th at the end. I’m up in front of him in orange kart taking 3rd place and winning my first money at Caesar’s Creek. We also had rental customer that finished in 8th place.

WTF is a turtle doing on the race track? :laugh

Staying home ended up being a great plan. My 2 rental customers ended up putting our karts in the money with 2nd and 3rd place finish.
We are gaining some credibility in the racing community each week. Here is the feature race filmed by Double Deuce Media. Troy drives the hell out of my Orange 13 kart to 2nd place. Had the engine turning 8100 rpm according Mychron. Kyle gets by my brother Dan for 3rd. Dan takes 4th.

How much do you charge your customers to rent for a race like that? Do they have to bring insurance as well?

How much do you charge your customers to rent for a race like that? Do they have to bring insurance as well?

We charge $100 for a Dirt Oval Arrive and Race. This includes hot laps, qualifying and the feature race. When you enter the speedway spectator or racer you have to sign a waiver and pay a $15 event insurance fee. I also have them sign a waiver protecting "Beyond The Karts". If anything at all happens to you take the ambulance ride to the hospital and have the event insurance pay for any issues. There is also an entry fee of $25 that goes to the podium finishers of the race you are in. So approximately $140 to race on Saturday night under the lights. The Speedway also has practice session on Fridays before races. Beginners can run hot laps in low key situation for $50 and see if they have what it take to race on Saturday.

We charge $100 for a Dirt Oval Arrive and Race. This includes hot laps, qualifying and the feature race. When you enter the speedway spectator or racer you have to sign a waiver and pay a $15 event insurance fee. I also have them sign a waiver protecting "Beyond The Karts". If anything at all happens to you take the ambulance ride to the hospital and have the event insurance pay for any issues. There is also an entry fee of $25 that goes to the podium finishers of the race you are in. So approximately $140 to race on Saturday night under the lights. The Speedway also has practice session on Fridays before races. Beginners can run hot laps in low key situation for $50 and see if they have what it take to race on Saturday.
How to customers usually return the carts? Blown engines? A lot of work to fix them up?
Prices seem quite reasonable.

We used to have a big outdoor track in Dania down here but I think it closed. I went to the one indoor track in Pompano once but I got so dizzy and sick. Despite the big doors wide open there was no airflow and the gas smell was unbearable. My son always wants to go there and I told him that unless he gets me a divers oxygen bottle I ain't doing it. :laugh
No idea why anybody would do an indoor track in SE Florida.

I think the next outdoor track would be in Opa Locka (West Miami-Dade County).

PS: was that turtle OK?

We haven't had any issues so far with our rental customers and equipment. There is a clause that you pay for what you break whether your fault or not. That is pretty standard in arrive and race rental. You crash into someone and bust the nose piece and its $100 to replace. We cover the engine. The 4 cycle engines are very reliable and can take a beating. Karts are actually really easy to work on. And tires wear very little on the dirt oval. So your main cost is just getting the karts to start with. Agreed outdoor karting is so much funner.

I don't know what those damn turtles are doing out of the pond. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom