Andre Branch Fined For Taunting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Branch Fined For Taunting

Finuk

Can't Spell Defense
Club Member
Reaction score
Per Ian Rappoport

The NFL has fined #Dolphins DE Andre Branch a sum of $10,026 for unsportsmanlike conduct – taunting after the hit to #Titans OT Taylor Lewan). Video footage appeared to show him yelling “body bag” on the sidelines.

No fine for the hit. You can't feel bad for Lewan considering he tried to yank Quinn's head off earlier in the game!

Classless from Branch to taunt after taking a cheap shot ata defenceless player. I appreciate that the shot was within the laws of the game, but the laws need changing as that kind of hit can kill a man.

He deserves the fine and on his contract it’s peanuts so I’m sure he’s not gonna learn any lessons.

Seeing Taylor Lewan drop like a sack of potatoes was entertaining. Didn’t look like an especially violent hit but it obviously cleaned his clock. I thought for sure that flag would have been on Branch.

Not surprised. I've watched that block over and over again and a handful of our players seemed to really enjoy Lewan getting dropped.

Exactly. The players don't get that excited about every hit. This one was especially satisfying because of the Lewan factor.

As for Lewan, he wants to dish it out like a douchy tough guy. Good for him. But, don't complain when you gotta pay the price.

I’ve been watching football for about 41 years. While part of me agrees with the sentiment that it was an unnecessary hit, another part of me says “hell yeah, that’s football”.

He was faking. You dont get up like that, like your ready to fight if the hit was a knock out hit. Watch it. He flopped to the ground like he was out, then he jumped up like, ok, who hit me, lets get it on.

Classless from Branch to taunt after taking a cheap shot ata defenceless player. I appreciate that the shot was within the laws of the game, but the laws need changing as that kind of hit can kill a man.

He deserves the fine and on his contract it’s peanuts so I’m sure he’s not gonna learn any lessons.

Nah. Play is ongoing; Jones is fighting for yards. Branch did not go head hunting or launch himself. He made a perfectly legal block to the chest with his shoulder. What was he supposed to do? What if Jones breaks free and Taylor tackles him. It's football. Keeping your head on a swivel is the second thing you learn when you start playing pee wee...

I recall 2 yrs ago Lippett was hit like that by a Pats WR (name escapes me) and there was no penalty call. A hard hit does not equate to a crack back block

Back
Top Bottom