Andre Branch Fined For Taunting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Branch Fined For Taunting

I think the hit really did knock him out -- because of the way his neck snapped sideways.

You can knock a person out with that same impact force just by the side of the hand -- and the force generated by Branch's full weight hitting and stopping Lewan's full weight (looking at the kinetic energy of both bodies and then the sudden snap of the head from that immediate kinetic energy) was WAY more than that. My goodness.

Dangerous to snap the neck sideways like that. Which is why those blindside directional hits against the flow of the play are so deadly.

You can kill a man like that, no joke.

I understand that people hate Lewan, but he's human after all... and has a family. We should all put ourselves in his shoes for a minute and realize we wouldn't want that kind of hit ourselves.

Anyone who has been hit by a borderline legal or dirty play during a return knows how bad this is. Some of us suffer lingereing health issues because of such things.

LD

I think the hit really did knock him out -- because of the way his neck snapped sideways.

You can knock a person out with that same impact force just by the side of the hand -- and the force generated by Branch's full weight hitting and stopping Lewan's full weight (looking at the kinetic energy of both bodies and then the sudden snap of the head from that immediate kinetic energy) was WAY more than that. My goodness.

Dangerous to snap the neck sideways like that. Which is why those blindside directional hits against the flow of the play are so deadly.

I understand that people hate Lewan, but he's human after all... and has a family. We should all put ourselves in his shoes for a minute and realize we wouldn't want that kind of hit ourselves.

Anyone who has been hit by a borderline legal or dirty play during a return knows how bad this is. Some of us suffer lingereing health issues because of such things.

LD

Who is the last dude to be killed by a hit like that? I can’t recall. Yes it can be dangerous but so is football. Hit was legal, and if he experiences any health issues as a result that is an occupational hazard, it’s unfortunate as I don’t want to see anyone hurt, but these guys play pro football and there’s a risk to that... just hope in the future guys can show some more class, although we don’t know what kind of talk was going on during the game to initiate that response from Branch and Phillips... lot of **** goes on in the trenches that we don’t know

He was faking. You dont get up like that, like your ready to fight if the hit was a knock out hit. Watch it. He flopped to the ground like he was out, then he jumped up like, ok, who hit me, lets get it on.
No way. He suffered a concussion and he's out this week because of it. Unless you're saying he faked a concussion, thinking he was fine, but it turned out he really had a concussion? I don't think so.

I used to make that kind of hit when I played (NOT at a lethal size/power dynamic) so I liked it!

Keep your head on a swivel dumb ask or you'll get laid out next.

Football is NOT for wussies.

Unless you play coitusback for the Cheats.

He was faking. You dont get up like that, like your ready to fight if the hit was a knock out hit. Watch it. He flopped to the ground like he was out, then he jumped up like, ok, who hit me, lets get it on.

Nah he's been ruled out for Sunday already. He was out before he hit the ground. I've seen people snap up from being knocked out like that before. One time in particular in a game in HS I witness my buddy got absolutely decleated pursuing a reverse and he jumped up after about 10 seconds not knowing exactly what happened -- all he knew was he got nailed and wanted to know who got him.

LD

Scary hit. Crowd reacted loudly in delight every time it was replayed. Likewise the Dolphins on the sideline. I can't believe two posters actually thought it was a dive.

The announcers were shocked it was not penalized, and so was I. No matter the angle that is the type of dangerous hit the league is trying to prevent. Technicalities seldom matter, and IMO they should not have mattered in that instance.

Everyone has seen famous hits like that over the decades but they are so unnecessary and rightfully removed from the sport. Lumbering linemen like that aren't going to cover lots of ground in short order, or make any type of agile adjustment. The defender suddenly turned blocker merely needs to get in the way or nudge the guy to accomplish exactly the same thing, other than the physical danger.

The Dolphins have had too many low class players in recent years who are just the type to celebrate something like that. My impression is that those players are now lower in number but we still haven't gotten rid of all of them.

Branch doesn't get to hit ball carriers often so he took a cheap shot and that's what it was, a cheap shot. We wouldn't like it if it happens to one of our players.

I don't think Branch's taunting was appropriate, and the hit did look illegal to me, but Taylor Lewan has a reputation as a notorious piece of **** on the field.

I guess I'm just not surprised, that's all.

Scary hit. Crowd reacted loudly in delight every time it was replayed. Likewise the Dolphins on the sideline. I can't believe two posters actually thought it was a dive.

The announcers were shocked it was not penalized, and so was I. No matter the angle that is the type of dangerous hit the league is trying to prevent. Technicalities seldom matter, and IMO they should not have mattered in that instance.

Everyone has seen famous hits like that over the decades but they are so unnecessary and rightfully removed from the sport. Lumbering linemen like that aren't going to cover lots of ground in short order, or make any type of agile adjustment. The defender suddenly turned blocker merely needs to get in the way or nudge the guy to accomplish exactly the same thing, other than the physical danger.

The Dolphins have had too many low class players in recent years who are just the type to celebrate something like that. My impression is that those players are now lower in number but we still haven't gotten rid of all of them.
Is there something you like about the Fins?

I don't think Branch's taunting was appropriate, and the hit did look illegal to me, but Taylor Lewan has a reputation as a notorious piece of **** on the field.

I guess I'm just not surprised, that's all.

Well -- we don't know that backstory of what was going on in the game, what was being said, etc. Nor the history between those two...

That said, it's a borderline, dangerous hit... If it had happened to one of us or our family and friends, we'd be steamed.

Who, this guy?

View attachment 13635

Yeah, I don’t feel bad.

Yeah, neither do I. Not the only time he tried that against sparty, either. He also beat up 2 Ohio State fans his senior year and threatened to kill a female student for filing rape charges against the team kicker. World class scumbag on and off the field. It’s hard to feel any sympathy for a player/human being like that.

I think Lewan milked it in terms of acting like he was unconscious. You don’t get up looking for a fight if you are knocked out cold.

Concussed yeah I will go with it but knocked out nah.

Who is the last dude to be killed by a hit like that? I can’t recall. Yes it can be dangerous but so is football. Hit was legal, and if he experiences any health issues as a result that is an occupational hazard, it’s unfortunate as I don’t want to see anyone hurt, but these guys play pro football and there’s a risk to that... just hope in the future guys can show some more class, although we don’t know what kind of talk was going on during the game to initiate that response from Branch and Phillips... lot of **** goes on in the trenches that we don’t know

Plenty of people paralyzed like that -- from High School to the pros.

LD

Great post.
The rules have to change on turnovers to outlaw hitting defenceless players, just like you can’t do to receivers. Simple change and no obvious detriment to the game. All this keep your head on a swivel nonsense is a relic of the past and macho bullshit. It’s peoples lives at stake here.

Back
Top Bottom