Andre Branch Fined For Taunting | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Branch Fined For Taunting

Great post.
The rules have to change on turnovers to outlaw hitting defenceless players, just like you can’t do to receivers. Simple change and no obvious detriment to the game. All this keep your head on a swivel nonsense is a relic of the past and macho bullshit. It’s peoples lives at stake here.

If you're that passionate about it perhaps you should consider following a less violent game than football. At the heart of the game, it's a physical, "macho" contest - even now when being aware of your surroundings on the field is nonsense and legal blocks that are relevant to the play are cheap shots. You may not appreciate it, and that's cool. No need to lecture those of us that still consider it a collision sport.

If you're that passionate about it perhaps you should consider following a less violent game than football. At the heart of the game, it's a physical, "macho" contest - even now when being aware of your surroundings on the field is nonsense and legal blocks that are relevant to the play are cheap shots. You may not appreciate it, and that's cool. No need to lecture those of us that still consider it a collision sport.
Didn’t mean to come across as lecturing people just expressing my opinion. One formed I may add from playing the sport, and actually having to stop playing due to taking a cheap shot (crack back block) that knocked me out and bust me up real good.
The game is changing my friend to remove those overly dangerous and pointless hits that add nothing but danger and risk of serious injury. For the longevity of the sport we love that is the right call.

Taylor Lewan deserves it.

That guy is a scum bag.
Summed up nicely.....

Nothing illegal about the hit. Players who dish it out regularly are going to be targets when the opportunity knocks. I'm sure Lewan knows this as well as anyone......

Didn’t mean to come across as lecturing people just expressing my opinion. One formed I may add from playing the sport, and actually having to stop playing due to taking a cheap shot (crack back block) that knocked me out and bust me up real good.
The game is changing my friend to remove those overly dangerous and pointless hits that add nothing but danger and risk of serious injury. For the longevity of the sport we love that is the right call.

I hope you've recovered fully.

Taylor Lewan deserves it.

That guy is a scum bag.

I will stop short of saying he deserves it. However, Taylor Lewan himself frequently plays with intent to injure. Let's meet in the middle and agree that it was a little ironic.

Am I the only person who thought that Lewan flopped to try to get a call?
I didn’t want to say it because it seemed just wrong to speculate, but the hit didn’t look that violent and then I couldn’t understand how you go from unconscious to ready to rumble in 2 seconds.

I recall 2 yrs ago Lippett was hit like that by a Pats WR (name escapes me) and there was no penalty call. A hard hit does not equate to a crack back block
I remember that. Interesting you say “hard hit” because it’s almost as if the league is going that way - eg, hitting too hard is a penalty. But then they didn’t flag Branch nor Hayes for blowing up Mariota when he didn’t have the ball so I hope the game continues to be officiated more like that.

Football is a collision sport, well at least it used to be. Sometimes I feel the league over-reacts to isolated plays that happen and the following year a new rule is implemented. Usually these rules just cause additional problems. I absolutely hate that falling on top of the QB is now roughing the passer. I'm not talking about pile driving them to the ground, it's literally falling on the QB. This rule was adopted because of Arron Rogers injury last year. Pretty soon the QB's are gong to be wearing beanies so they don't get touched.

I didn’t want to say it because it seemed just wrong to speculate, but the hit didn’t look that violent and then I couldn’t understand how you go from unconscious to ready to rumble in 2 seconds.
No, I’ve seen it - guys getting absolutely crushed but when they come to they’re instantly in “fight or flight” mode, and the first thing you have to do is restrain them and calm them down. Probably a weird survival instinct thing.

I didn't see "body bag" when I read lips, I saw "payback" which is more likely

Am I the only person who thought that Lewan flopped to try to get a call?
I said it the moment it happened ...I've seen plenty of knockouts and you don't wake up fully aware and ready to fight, you stumble to get your bearings straight.

He's a big ***** and I'm happy Branch laid his ass out. BODY BAG!

Classless from Branch to taunt after taking a cheap shot ata defenceless player. I appreciate that the shot was within the laws of the game, but the laws need changing as that kind of hit can kill a man.

He deserves the fine and on his contract it’s peanuts so I’m sure he’s not gonna learn any lessons.

It was a shoulder to the chest b-e-a-utiful hit.

This drives me crazy. Soon we'll be putting flags on the QB flag-football style. Pull that flag and get your sack.

It's football, man. The very essence of the game is brutality. It sucks and it's cringeworthy and you pray even for a most hated opponent when he lays on the field, clapping when he gets up.

But this mentality is not killing men, it's killing the game.

A lot of these guys play this game because laying out an opponent on the field was going to get them somewhere as opposed to laying someone out in their neighborhood.

There will be a documentary on Starz network tomorrow called Warriors of Liberty City. Liberty City is Miami's Compton.

Some of these guys found an out of bad places becoming a monster on the field instead of a monster on the streets. They made their futures hitting and getting hit.

They know what they got into and love it.

I belive Zach Thomas was asked if he would take 5 years off of his life for a Superbowl win. Take a wild guess what his answer was.

Please stop killing the game.

With the new "two and your out" rule the officials have the ability to eject when they think its called for. If I'm the official my rule would be if the player is hurt because of your actions then you're automatically ejected right away. Ejections are going to sting a lot more to the player, and the organization than $10k fines.

Back
Top Bottom