Andre Branch Fined For Taunting | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Branch Fined For Taunting

With the new "two and your out" rule the officials have the ability to eject when they think its called for. If I'm the official my rule would be if the player is hurt because of your actions then you're automatically ejected right away. Ejections are going to sting a lot more to the player, and the organization than $10k fines.
And then watch players start faking injuries...

It reminds me of the way things are in hockey. Many complain about fighting but it actually reduces the amount of cheap shots during the game. If you step over the line, they will come for you. Teams have guys that are enforcers first, players second and they really do keep the peace.
I'm not sure if Branch actually found 77 in all the chaos of an INT return and lined him up for retribution but the thought definitely crossed my mind. Not many deserve it more than Lewan.
Also- if it isn't violent, it isn't football.

Anyone who has played knows hits like that happen all the time. I got blown up while trying to down a punt by a guy who flew over from the other side. I've seen teammates get blown up like that and blow up others like that. Are the hits dirty? No. Are they illegal? Not right now. Are they unnecessary? Sometimes yes. Should they be removed for safety? Sure. The only problem is until the rules change, you're going to see that sort of hit happen because people play hard and go 100%.

I don't think Branch targeted or sought out Lewan or tried to hurt him. He was just hussling and playing hard to the whistle. I think the fact that it was Lewan maybe gave him some satisfaction.

It was bad that Lewan got hurt and that should not have been celebrated but the hit and celebrating a big hit... nothing wrong with that until someone changes the rules.

Back
Top Bottom