Andre Caldwell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andre Caldwell

Crono139

Scout Team
Reaction score
Okay, picture this.

We draft Caldwell, then use him, and Chatman (or Lorenzo Booker) as the special teams guys.

Ginn can then converted to a full WR somewhere in the near future.

Andre Caldwell is a good PR/KR, but he's nowhere near Ginns level in that respect. I'm actually one of the few people who would really like Caldwell to be our 2b draft selection, as I think he has the size, strength, fluidity, and hands to be a fantastic #2 in the league. He's supposedly interviewed at the top of the WRs, and he's been nothing short of fantastic in the WR drills.

Being a Caldwell and a UF WR only hurt him, but that might provide him the opportunity to be drafted by a team in the later rounds and work his way up a depth chart. I'd be absolutely floored if he somehow made it to our #64 pick.

He's a step behind Ginn in terms of speed, but his combination of quickness, size and speed remind of a very young Darrel Jackson.. with more deep speed. at Florida, I believe he was used mostly as a short yardage guy, with them trying to get the ball in his hands so he could turn it up field and create plays. Will a gator fan help me out here?

I may get attacked for this, but I personally like Caldwell as a wide receiver this year more than I liked Ginn as a wide receiver last year.. I feel like he could be drafted at the bottom of the 2nd/top of the third and have an immediate impact as our slot guy, eventually making his way up to #2 as Keyshawn ( Yes, Im fully expecting Keyshawn to be a Dolphin next year ) leaves Miami and moves Ginn from #2 to #1..

I'm a Florida fan, and Harvin was used the the team's true depth threat last season.

Caldwell was used for screens, and short passes. He used his speed, and versatility to take care of the rest. He had Tebow's trust. I would love for both Ginn, and Caldwell (if we get him, of course) to develop that kind of relationship with Beck.

My only hope is that Harvin overshadowed Caldwell this past season just enough so that a few teams forget about him on Draft Day, and he falls into our hands.

I would rather take Hardy but that would be a draft pick higher than where we can get Caldwell. I like Caldwell though and watched a lot of UF games and liked his style.

I would love to have Caldwell or Royal. Both are great WR.

Florida WRs just don't cut it for me, something always goes wrong when they go to the pros. Alot of times their no shows, paid for no work, and end up on another team in a few years.

Florida WRs just don't cut it for me, something always goes wrong when they go to the pros. Alot of times their no shows, paid for no work, and end up on another team in a few years.

dont know what this thread is about, didnt care to look...just saw that the last post was by "blackthought" and i have to say, Black Thought is the sickest MC in Hip-Hop. period.

that is all. :woot:

Manningham won't make it out of the first round.

As for WRs out of Florida... Jabar Gaffney, Reche Caldwell, Darrell Jackson, Travis Taylor, Ike Hilliard, etc. That's all that comes to mind right now.

Back
Top Bottom