andre woodson comparison with byron leftwhich | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

andre woodson comparison with byron leftwhich

thefranchisedef

Active Roster
Reaction score
So alot of people say that they have a simular windup. after a study of a couple of games and highlights, i have come up with an answer. byron leftwhich throws the ball with an 120 degree delivery. Andre woodson on the other hand throws the ball with a 90 degree delivery. the difference though is that leftwhich takes longer to get the ball out, but andrew has to **** back his wrist. He by doing this is trying to put a spin on the ball, and doesnt get as good of volicity under it. With coaching, like romo, he can quickly remove the slower release, and actually have a better thrown ball. Smart quarterback, and probably the mostgifted quarterback in the draft. Another thing that seperates him from leftwhich is his mobility. byron ran a sub 5 40 yard dash. andre on the other hand ran a 4.8 40. you see he actually resembles ben rothlisberger more so than a byron leftwhich. big guy, and can run. needs more development physically, but with proper coaching could be the biggest sleeper with a late second round pick.

Joe Johnson showed him and everyone else up in the college allstar games. He also completed 70% of his passes and had 43 TD's to 1 pick. If I'm not mistaken Josh came on the feild right after Woodson uscked up the feild for his series and Josh had pratiocaly the same players with him and marched them right down the feild immediately. Eric Ainge was the 2nd best QB in the Senior or Shrine Bowls and he sucked. Matt Ryan is the only QB I would take on day 1 and I wouldn't give higher than SD's 2 that we got for him. The way these QB's have been sucking since their Bowls we may be able to get someone to compete for #2 or hit a miracle pick in the 4th round.

Joe Johnson showed him and everyone else up in the college allstar games. He also completed 70% of his passes and had 43 TD's to 1 pick. If I'm not mistaken Josh came on the feild right after Woodson uscked up the feild for his series and Josh had pratiocaly the same players with him and marched them right down the feild immediately. Eric Ainge was the 2nd best QB in the Senior or Shrine Bowls and he sucked. Matt Ryan is the only QB I would take on day 1 and I wouldn't give higher than SD's 2 that we got for him. The way these QB's have been sucking since their Bowls we may be able to get someone to compete for #2 or hit a miracle pick in the 4th round.

college allstar games means nothing. personally i think Woodson has the most potential out of the draft.

if he can fix a couple of kinks, hes got potential to be a very good starter in this league.

college allstar games means nothing. personally i think Woodson has the most potential out of the draft.

if he can fix a couple of kinks, hes got potential to be a very good starter in this league.
IMO all the QB's has sucked all offseason. Their sure isn't anyone raving about those guys that got all that hype during the regular season. I'm not saying they don't have what it takes, but that we can get someone very late in the draft and don't think we should waste a 1st day pick on a QB especially this year until Beck has his shot this year. I wouldn't mind having a better fallback than McCown but I don't see one any better than Johnson Whom we may be able to get on day 2. Their really isn't a QB that wouldn't be a project is what I'm saying my opinion is.:up:

Andre Woodson broke the SEC touchdown passing record last season, he brought the Kentucky football program back to relevance, he won big games, and he is more accurate than any quarterback in this draft.
His naysayers claim that he has a hitch in his delivery and he was a beneficiary of a very good offensive supporting cast at Kentucky, plus he played out of the shotgun most of the time.
I say that he played at an incredibly high level for 2 years against the best competition college football had to offer. Woodson showed great touch, great accuracy, great arm strength, great decision making, and a propensity for showing up when it mattered the most.
Does he need coaching up? Sure, but who in this draft doesn't? Andre Woodson has a better chance at being a great quarterback than any in this draft.

1. Matt Ryan
2. Andre Woodson
3. Chad Henne

Simply for the fact that Ryan is most NFL ready.

Because Beck is our future and drafting one of Woodson/Johnson/Henne/Flacco is for depth and developement we should go with whoever is available in the 4th or later, baring any trades that give us extra picks. I'd be happy with Johnson or Henne (but I doubt Henne is available then), I think Henne has played in the most big games in his college career and will actually be more ready then Ryan to handle all the pressure. Bold statement yes but just my humble opinion.

i say we get a real qb controversy going on and take the qb that is the most nfl ready, ya i said most nfl ready, and no i didnt mean ryan, he is an overated joey harrington, i mean john david booty, and not just because he has 2 first names. he played for a prime time school, under prime time head coaches, in a prime time system. he is solid has a low ceiling but can realy prefrom. he can start right away, although he wont and shouldnt, he will realy make it interesting after we fully evalute beck and deem him worht or not to run the ball club. we can get him in like the fifth or mabey even the 6th so i like him, but josh johnson as my boy g force has said is very great as well. i wouldn't take woodson before eihter one of those 2 qbs.

If Woodson resembles ANYTHING like Leftwich then we need to stay as far away as possible

i think that he copare pretty good to him. both have very slow deliveries. and thats not a good thing. id hate to draft him unless he falls to a late 2nd (which wont happen)

Back
Top Bottom