Andrew Gardner OT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Gardner OT

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
6'6" 302

Gardner earned his second consecutive first-team All-ACC recognition in 2008 despite missing the final four games following surgery on a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He had played through the injury most of the fall, which was no surprise given his streak of 48 consecutive starts up to that point. Although not particularly special in any one area, Gardner's sturdiness and dependability up front is not overlooked by NFL teams.

Well, we addressed depth in secondary, back-up tackle depth, receiver depth, and tight-end depth. About the only things we haven't done so far is add a developmental NT and LB depth. So basically we have not addressed our defensive front seven.

So, 7th round comes our NT.

Undrafted free agents to pull in a few LB prospect. Jason Taylor no longer looks like a progress stopper for a young guy, because well, we don't have a young guy. Next year, we add a wealth of linebackers...we're still in rebuilding and needed at least 4 quality drafts to become a perennial playoff team. Quarterback of the future is still an unknown, as in we have yet to see what Henne or even White will do.

Love the pick. We have no depth at OT, Gardner brings some. He was a pretty good OT at Georgia Tech. He fell due to the Torn Labrum as mentioned. Good to see us drafting some OT depth, it is much needed.

I think if we were looking for OT depth, we should have taken the more athletic Jamon Meredith a pick earlier instead of a TE. That is unless there are some concerns about Meredith that we don't know about (maybe character) since it seems like he fell much much further than people expected.

I'm happy as can be about the Davis, Smith, Clemons and Gardner picks. The other's I'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom