Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash..

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Andrew Luck = humble, stable, team-oriented professional.

Brandon Marshall = emotionally unstable diva-receiver.

I think it would be a serious culture clash.

It should also be noted that Brandon Marshall had his best two seasons with Jay Cutler, who came out of college as an arrogant gunslinger. A QB like that is a better personality fit with Brandon Marshall.

Hmmm....I'm not seeing what the issue is here.

Get rid of that bum Brandon Marshall.

Sure, if the team is willing to accept the fact that we gave him $24 million guaranteed.

That's a lot of money to flush down the drain.

Andrew Luck = humble, stable, team-oriented professional.

Brandon Marshall = emotionally unstable diva-receiver.

I think it would be a serious culture clash.

Yeah you're right, we probably shouldn't draft Luck when we get the #1 pick. Who would fit in with Marshall the best? We should draft that guy.

Personality clashes can be overcome by a strong winning culture fueled by respected, long-time leaders.

I've seen personality clashes between Tom Brady and Randy Moss, and between Tom Brady and Chad Ochocinco, be won by Brady both times, to the point that Moss and Ochocinco's "diva" ways diminish down to nearly nothing.

What's responsible for that? The Patriots' culture, and Brady's standing as its leader.

Now, I'm not foolish enough to think that a rookie QB can come right in and assume that kind of status, so I'm definitely on board with jettisoning Marshall ASAP, for that reason and others.

Essentially Marshall would need to be cleared out of the way so that Luck, if he's indeed the choice, can come in and develop into the team leader without being impeded by Marshall.

And that development of leadership in the franchise QB is so important that it's worth sacrificing a player with the physical talent of Marshall IMO.

You can always find a physically talented WR later. What you can't do is do over the first few years of development of your franchise QB, the ones that determine his trajectory as the team leader and his status within your team's culture.

Yeah you're right, we probably shouldn't draft Luck when we get the #1 pick. Who would fit in with Marshall the best? We should draft that guy.

No, I'm saying that we shouldn't promote "Suck 4 Luck". It fosters a terrible loser-mentality that could persist for decades.

Even if we go 0-16, and Andrew Luck could easily decide that he doesn't want to play in Miami.

- He'll have a lot of leverage coming into the draft. Just like John Elway did.

- He may not want to join a trainwreck 0-16 team with a loser attitude.

- He has said that he doesn't want to play for teams that have "Suck 4 Luck" fans.

- He may not want to play on a team where his #1 target is an emotionally unstable diva-receiver.

And he may do what John Elway did, and clearly state that he won't play for the worst team (in this case, a 0-16 Miami Dolphins).

Either way, I don't think it's a good idea to create a culture of losing-for-draft-picks, on the hopes that Andrew Luck will save us, because there's a good chance he won't want to play here.

Personality clashes can be overcome by a strong winning culture fueled by respected, long-time leaders.

I've seen personality clashes between Tom Brady and Randy Moss, and between Tom Brady and Chad Ochocinco, be won by Brady both times, to the point that Moss and Ochocinco's "diva" ways diminish down to nearly nothing.

What's responsible for that? The Patriots' culture, and Brady's standing as its leader.

Now, I'm not foolish enough to think that a rookie QB can come right in and assume that kind of status, so I'm definitely on board with jettisoning Marshall ASAP, for that reason and others.

Essentially Marshall would need to be cleared out of the way so that Luck, if he's indeed the choice, can come in and develop into the team leader without being impeded by Marshall.

And that development of leadership in the franchise QB is so important that it's worth sacrificing a player with the physical talent of Marshall IMO.

You can always find a physically talented WR later. What you can't do is do over the first few years of development of your franchise QB, the ones that determine his trajectory as the team leader.

I can agree with most of that. So what I'm saying is..

1) Fin fans need to chill out with the "Suck 4 Luck" crap. It's self-destructive. Think about how Andrew Luck thinks & talks. For fans to promote "sucking" is an insult to all the Miami Dolphins players & coaches. Focus on winning, and encourage winning.

2) If we happen to go 0-16, and have the #1 draft pick, and Andrew Luck is willing to play here, then yes, let's draft him, and consider trading Brandon Marshall. But let's not talk about this until the season is over.

Back
Top Bottom