Andrew Luck is MORE of a Sure Thing... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck is MORE of a Sure Thing...

It was a long time ago..But I dont remember Manning have as much talent on his team....

I think Stanford is going to go on and win the National title....

1 offensive player taken in the 1st round from Tenn. besides Manning.... Alot of talent in the draft on the defensive side of the ball..

Did Tennesee win the Natinonal title year after Manning too?

1 offensive player taken in the 1st round from Tenn. besides Manning.... Alot of talent in the draft on the defensive side of the ball..

Did Tennesee win the Natinonal title year after Manning too?[/QUOTE]Yeah,with Tee Martin at QB.

Tennessee never won a national championship while Peyton was there, they could never beat Steve Spurrier's Florida Gators (0-4). Tee Martin came in the very next year after Peyton went to the NFL and led the Vols to the national championship.

Peyton did have some talent on offense though. Guys like Marcus Nash, Joey Kent, Peerless Price, Jay Graham, etc. None of 'em did much in the NFL though except for Price.

I watched Manning shred Bama's defense in person twice. I was there the day his first pass of the game his sophomore year went for an 80 yard touchdown to Joey Kent against Bama. They steamrolled us 41-14.

Andrew Luck isn't safer than Manning was, but he's just as safe in terms of looking at them through the lense of quarterback prospects. Peyton would've been the #1 overall pick had he come out as a Junior in '97, but went back to school because he wanted to have his degree. Same as Luck.

Tennessee had more talent than Stanford does today.

It's not clear cut, it's certainly debateable, particularly on offense. He didn't have any offensive lineman as good as DeCastro or Martin. Or a tight end as good as any of the TE's Stanford has.

Make no mistake, Stanford will go back to being what they are once Luck has moved on... but Stanford isn't exactly raking in Louisiana-Monroe's recruiting classes. They've averaged a top 20 or so class since Harbaugh took over.

Back
Top Bottom