Andrew Luck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck

Keonxl

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I live in Indiana and was listening to a local radio station and the disc jocky was saying how well peyton manning played and how HE wanted indy to not give him up and then proceeded to say how bad andrew luck was and how he is a bust more or less. I always knew colts fans were the biggest band wagon riders there ever was but this just makes me sick. 10+ years of success with peyton winning 12-14 games a season and a superbowl and then to get lucky enough to get luck and lets be honest, he didn't do bad yesterday against a very tough defense, possibly the best defense in the league with chicago. Luck will succeed, and in a year the colts fans will forget all about peyton, it just irritates me to live here and have to listen to them whine about this kind of thing when dolphins fans have endured and will endure alot more pains before we can even compete for a playoff spot. Some people just don't know how lucky they are.

Here is what Colts fans over at Colts Freaks are saying about Andrew Luck:

Andrew Luck looked how he probably should have. I'm convinced he has what it takes to not just play QB in this league, but play at a ridiculously high level. Good movement in pocket, sense of pressure. But two things concern me. One, his arm strength. That is an issue. Some of it is technique, but at the end of the day, he flat out underthrew two open receivers down the sideline, and that's an issue. Two, and this is a total rookie thing, his tendency to lock on receivers. He stared down Reggie Wayne all day. Should have had 1 more INT than he really did, arguably a pick-six. He needs to go through his reads more, or learn to throw it away if it isn't there.

Luck has an arm strength problem, it's just a matter of knowing when to put more on the ball.

Luck has some work to do with his throwing mechanics and knowing when to gun the ball but with decent coaching he will be fine.

Yeah, don't think anyone is overreacting to Luck that I've seen. He kinda set himself up to be disappointing after such a strong preseason, I think. Today was very down-to-earth in terms of his flaws: notably, not standing and delivering, arm strength, locking on receivers.

I wrote earlier, elsewhere, that we'll find out if Luck will be an average QB or a great QB based on his "won't do that again" ability after watching tape. If he learns and avoids the same mistakes, he'll be a great one.

Lots of mistakes all around. Luck missed Wayne on some easy throws. Brown, who is not a rookie, dropped I think two easy passes. Luck underthrew twice on the INTs, though I am convinced one of those he thought was a "free" play, and should have been because of the offsides.

Luck does seem to float too many passes. Can't do that in this league.

Luck looked like warmed over ass at times, especially on throws that required some zip on the ball.

Here it is on Luck......this is the one thing I haven't heard anyone say but I'm gonna say it. Luck does NOT have a quick release.

Luck did lock on to Wayne a bit too much, but first game and under all that pressure, I don't blame him. I don't think his arm strength had anything to do with either underthrow. He just threw two bad passes. But there's been so much talk about his arm strength that any underthrow is going to lead to that conclusion.

andrew luck. everyone can see the potential. there is some work to do here. hopefully the line can keep him healthy enough to get the experience he needs this year. he needs to show some better arm strength. that last jennings pick was retarded. so was the first one for that matter. he better get that **** fixed. i did like his pocket awareness. too many high passes

Too many butterfly passes.
Way too easy on Luck. Missing a wide open Wayne twice on 3rd downs early put our D back on the field quick.

From watching the game, I agree with most of what they had to say. I think Luck is gonna be a great quarterback, and his movement in the pocket is phenomenal, but he had some ugly, ugly, ugly plays in that game. "Butterflies" is a good word to describe some of his throws. His throws on the outside and downfield were awful, and a lot of passes to open receivers sailed on him.

Indy fans are literally, the most spoiled, idiotic, and least loyal fans ever.

I lived in the state for about 5 years, and before Manning came to town it was damn
near impossible to find a Colts fan.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; When I can find a random Colts fan who know
who Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Lydell Mitchell and Lyle Blackwood are, I'll eat my ****ing
hat.

Literally, they are a bunch of losers. Ignorant, and completely without merit. I knew LOTS
of Pats fans when they were TERRIBLE. Granted, there's lots of bandwagon fans on now, but
I still respect the base they had.

Indy is completely characterless as a fan base

Tell us how you really feel about Colts fans. :)

I'm just depressed that folks are turning on Tannehill after just one game in which -- aside from JJ Watt playing volleyball at the line of scrimmage -- I really don't think he played that badly.

I'm watching the offensive series of the five rookie QBs who started this week and -- I hate to say it because I sound like a huge homer -- I think Tannehill played as well as or better than Luck. Watching Griffin now and despite the huge numbers he put up, I'm not tremendously impressed. Yes, he had a good game, but that was some serious YAC from his receivers. Lots of bubble screens, especially early.

Colt fans don't remember Mannings first start? He also had 3 picks, it was against the Dolphins

Well cut him some slack. The kid is a rookie! He will develop.

Just had some time to watch the Browns' offensive series. Weeden wasn't as bad as some people (or his stats) would lead you to believe.

His first INT hit his receiver between the numbers and got popped up into the air. His second INT, he had man coverage on the outside and his receiver just flat out did not even engage the ball. Cleveland's skill position players are even worse than ours. He just had no help out there.

Though one thing I do notice with Weeden though is that he's got a really poor feel for the pocket and just doesn't seem to feel the rush at all.

Indy fans are literally, the most spoiled, idiotic, and least loyal fans ever.

I lived in the state for about 5 years, and before Manning came to town it was damn
near impossible to find a Colts fan.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; When I can find a random Colts fan who know
who Bert Jones, Roger Carr, Lydell Mitchell and Lyle Blackwood are, I'll eat my ****ing
hat.

Literally, they are a bunch of losers. Ignorant, and completely without merit. I knew LOTS
of Pats fans when they were TERRIBLE. Granted, there's lots of bandwagon fans on now, but
I still respect the base they had.

Indy is completely characterless as a fan base

To be fair none of those guys played in Indianapolis, it's not like the Colts have ben passed down from generation to genration in Indy.

To be fair none of those guys played in Indianapolis, it's not like the Colts have ben passed down from generation to genration in Indy.

I don't think it's fair at all to NOT know who wore your colors and your emblem.

It's not like it's the Browns, who suddenly became Ravens, etc. They are the COLTS.
That sort of stuff is important to me and it should be for anyone else that loves football.

The Colts weren't passed down to ME either. How is it I know more about the franchise
history than your average Colts fan? I'll tell you. I ****ing care. Call it what you will, stupid
or otherwise, but I always had a great deal of respect for the Colts when we faced them
as a division rival all the time when I was growing up, and I grew to become a fan of many
of the players on that team.

I still think it's bull**** that Indy has an NFL franchise. They are terrible fans.

OH! Find me a random Patriot fan who doesn't know who Steve Grogan or Mosi Tatupu was.

Everyone makes a big deal out if Whitten wanting to sign a waiver to play with an injury. Back in the day
Grogan played QB with a horseshoe pad on his neck, and signed a release.

I don't think it's fair at all to NOT know who wore your colors and your emblem.

It's not like it's the Browns, who suddenly became Ravens, etc. They are the COLTS.
That sort of stuff is important to me and it should be for anyone else that loves football.

The Colts weren't passed down to ME either. How is it I know more about the franchise
history than your average Colts fan? I'll tell you. I ****ing care. Call it what you will, stupid
or otherwise, but I always had a great deal of respect for the Colts when we faced them
as a division rival all the time when I was growing up, and I grew to become a fan of many
of the players on that team.

I still think it's bull**** that Indy has an NFL franchise. They are terrible fans.

so Rams fans should know what they did in LA and Cleveland? I would give Colts fans a pass if they didn't know their Baltimore history.

It is like the browns who became the Ravens, same franchise.

Just had some time to watch the Browns' offensive series. Weeden wasn't as bad as some people (or his stats) would lead you to believe.

His first INT hit his receiver between the numbers and got popped up into the air. His second INT, he had man coverage on the outside and his receiver just flat out did not even engage the ball. Cleveland's skill position players are even worse than ours. He just had no help out there.

Though one thing I do notice with Weeden though is that he's got a really poor feel for the pocket and just doesn't seem to feel the rush at all.

Shouldn't be too surprising, Weeden played in a very spread out offense with a lot of weapons in college (not just Blackmon).

As for Luck, yeah he set expectations high with his preseason but the things people forget with him are this 1)His OL is terrible... probably the 2nd worst in the NFL (behind Chicago) and 2)As talented as guys like Colby Fleener, Dwyane Allen, and TY Hilton are... they are all rookies as well.

so Rams fans should know what they did in LA and Cleveland? I would give Colts fans a pass if they didn't know their Baltimore history.

It is like the browns who became the Ravens, same franchise.

Same franchise, different colors. The Ravens history starts where the Brown's history ends.

Not to mention, there is a franchise named the Cleveland Browns now.

Yes, Rams fans should know the history of the franchise. I don't have any history with
St Louis fans other than with baseball, and they are excellent Baseball fans. I would expect them
to know who Jack Youngblood was...Who Merlin Olson was...Who Deacon Jones was...Vince Ferregamo..

Those are just off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom