Andrew Van Ginkel On What He Brings To The Table | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Van Ginkel On What He Brings To The Table

In the 3 yrs per carry draft podcast they said he had elite shuttle and 3 cone times. That's a good checkmark when it comes to pass rushing.

Seems like a nice kid. I was down on the pick at first because I hadnt heard of him, but I'm warming up to him.

What? I now need to buy a Van Ginkel Jersey? I can't bring myself to put that name on my back for some reason.....Hope the kid develops and becomes great however.....

Not the prototypical NE pick.We are going to need bigger LB's it seems to me like. I hope this works out but, I'm having trouble seeing it right now...

Well at least he knows scheme in college was and scheme in the pros is gonna be his meal ticket.

You know what I just learned.

Wash, rinse, and repeat. That's the fn key

He looks like he has the frame to beef up a bit.

I imagine the Fins felt they liked his measurables and attitude and think they can coach him up a bit.

This will always be the pick that I feel we missed on...

This will always be the pick that I feel we missed on...
When we traded for Rosen we pushed our needs down a notch. The Patriots drafted a similar player with more productivity in Chase Winovich in between our traded pick and our pick for Van Ginkel. Our version had trouble generating pass rush outside of scheme-driven stunts. If that holds true at the NFL level, you may be right. But, Van Ginkel tested as well as Winovich, so hopefully we got a similar player.

My gut impression on this kid is quite positive based on his motor
+ ability to work stunts loops lollypops and crossword puzzles!

Yep. He's smart. Has significant giddy up. Notable upside.
And impressive lochs!

Back
Top Bottom