Andrew Walter, Arizona State | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Walter, Arizona State

Andrew Walter has been through alot. I wish this kid the best because he's gone from #1 overall(don't argue it, it was expected his sophomore year, and possibly before this year) to a 2nd rounder. He's not injury prone either. He's had a terrible supporting cast ever since Shaun McDonald left. He's done it alone and he's taken ever hit in college and tried to get better. IMO I'd be very happy if we were drafting him #2 overall(if he were healthy and had shown good combines and workouts).

sports24/7 said:
I don't doubt you know more than some sportswriters. Some of them have no clue about what they are writing about, but it isnt the sportswriters that are projecting the guy to be good. It is scouts and talent evaluators that get payed to do that. Sure he may not be successful right away if he is thrown into the fire, but I doubt anyone is expecting that from him. You dont have to wait until the third round to take a guy who needs to be developed. If the guy is going to be a great player then its worth the wait.

When you pick a player in the top 5 of the draft that means people think you are NFL ready right now. A QB taken in the top 5 is expected to be an immediate starter or one year on the bench at the most. You don't groom a QB picked in the top 5 for three years to eventually replace whoever is starting.

April 6 Andrew Walter will show all that he DESERVES to be selected very highly. IMO he's that good. Hell I'll even start the bandwagon if I have to...

Andrew Walter is a coach killer

He is perpetually befuddled and has very little fight. When things are going bad, he stares at the sideline in dismay and makes sure things turn for the worse. He'll throw into triple coverage without slightest hesitation.

The kid has a fine arm and stature and nice touch. I watched him every week and tried to make a case for him. But he is an overmatched athlete, and there should be some form of handicap if Andrew Walter is your QB. You know, like that sandlot nonsense of counting to 3 before you're allowed to rush.

I am amazed. I've never read that about Walter, nor have I seen evidence to support what you have just surmised. Bravo.

NorFlaFin said:
Has his shoulder healed yet?

He hasnt done anything to improve his stock cause hes still injured...can throw the football without pain right now but will not do it for nfl scouts yet, because of this he'll fall to the 4th or 5th round and he'll be a steal.

The Guys got the best arm in the draft hands down...and his accuracy is as good as smith or rodgers, he was a sure fire 1st round pick til he got injured

Boik14 said:
I think Walter may be the only available prospect with less mobility than Drew Bledsoe. Not really a fan of his at all so no thanks unless he lasts later than expected such as rd 4 or 5.

i dont remember marino being any faster neither

Yes, but can he read a defense? I'm not a Vick fan, either. I don't think he will ever be anything more than a human highlight reel. He has no touch on the ball and no feel for the passing game. His passing stats stink and it was a joke that he was picked for the pro bowl. How many more seasons until he lives up to his hype and supposed potential?

I've seen Walter play.

Yeah, hes really, really, really good. If he last to the 4th rd, I'ld pick'em.

Think Peyton Manning. Watched Walters as much as I could and he will be the best qb in the draft. The shoulder injury could be a blessing that would allow us to pick him in the third round.

I don't think I've ever seen him stare at the line without a clue what to do. Hey if Kyle Boller was a 1st round pick with one good year, this guy should definitely be. He's far more accurate than Boller, and has put up two great years, and one simply good year his junior season. He has plenty of experience and basically he's the only reason Arizona St. is ever competitive.

Cheapshotz said:
When you pick a player in the top 5 of the draft that means people think you are NFL ready right now. A QB taken in the top 5 is expected to be an immediate starter or one year on the bench at the most. You don't groom a QB picked in the top 5 for three years to eventually replace whoever is starting.
Why? If the player is eventually going to be a very good player and you can afford to wait, why not take him? Mike Vick, Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb, and many more all sat out a year, and others like Steve McNair sat out more than one before starting. Philip Rivers is going to end up sitting for two years. All of those guys are worthy of top 5 picks because of how good they can be, not how good they can be in a year or two. Who is to say it will take Smith more than a year anyways. The point is though, if you think a guy is going to be a star in three or four years, it is well worth taking him in the top 5 even if he has to sit a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom