Andrew Walter, Arizona State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Walter, Arizona State

Boone

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Any chance of us getting him in the third? What do you guys think?

clear.gif

I think Walter may be the only available prospect with less mobility than Drew Bledsoe. Not really a fan of his at all so no thanks unless he lasts later than expected such as rd 4 or 5.

I do like him a lot and hope we draft him. Feeley its also lead footed so as Frerrote and so?

He would be an excellent pick if he lasts to the 4th. He doesn't have the agility that is dreamed of, especially in this age of the hybrid QB's, but Miami had a QB that was more statue than sloth in the past. He has the intangibles looked for in a QB, and shows the desire to better himself. He had a serious shouder injury that the doctors say should be fine by the time training camp starts. An excellent QB with the potential to be a top QB in the NFL after the rehab on his shoulder and some time refining his mechanics.

If we can get him in the 4th round, go for it. Get rid of Sage and we now have our QB of the future that did not cost us an arm and a leg.

This guy is a prospect and some scouts believe he may be the best of the bunch in 3 years. The mobility thing is so over-rated, you need pocket awareness, a good slide step and a solid release, Walters has those qualities.

Obviously the guy has to physically check out with the shoulder but from the limited reprts I have seen the guy will be 100%. If he falls to round 4 I think he is a tremendous value. I have long posted Feeley.... Ferotte... Walters.... the first two are in place now we need a developmental guy for year 2/3

larfo2224 said:
If we can get him in the 4th round, go for it. Get rid of Sage and we now have our QB of the future that did not cost us an arm and a leg.

The question is, is he really that good to potentially be a franchise QB or would he just be a project for Saban.

Boone said:
Any chance of us getting him in the third? What do you guys think?

clear.gif

I want him or Kyle Orton in the 3rd round. i believe they are the best two prospects in the draft. Who cares about mobility it's OVERRATED, you teach a Qb to side step pressure or build a good O-line.

Alex Smith has a noodle arm, Campbell is a great physical specimen but lacks NFL QB skills, Adrian McPherson is a slower Michael Vick, I just don't like Charlie Frye.

The only other QB i like in the Draft is Aaron Rodgers, but i wouldn't pick him in the first round, so there's no chance of us getting him.

If GM's jump all over combine and pro-day stat's like some others, Mcpherson could go ahead of Walters, allowing Miami to take him in the 3rd. Maybe.

Come on people McPherson its also very interesting I would be happy with either one. 72 yards flat footed, only missed in 1 throw in the hole workout 40.5 vertical he is amazing. Either one would be fine. The good thing about Walters is that he can be had later and is more like a finished product than McPherson.

I love Walter. If he hadn't injured his shoulder he could easily be the third QB taken. He probably has the best arm of the bunch coming out. He does have limited mobility, but I would take a slow guy with a rifle for an arm anyday. If he is there in the 4th we should jump all over him.

Back
Top Bottom