Andrew Walter Workout Details | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Walter Workout Details

BlueFin said:
Walter doesn't move well in the pocket and his accuracy in college wasn't good enough, he was about 10% lower than both Rodgers and Smith.

In Walter, it seems to me, your getting another AJ Feeley.

Okay, with all due respect Bluefin, I've heard you talk about this 10% lower in accuracy than Rodgers and Smith and I need to point something out to you. Just because Walter's statistics are not as good as Rodgers and Smith, doesn't mean he's less accurate than either. You cannot base your whole "accuracy" argument merely on statistical analysis. Rodgers, Smith, and Walter all ran different offenses. If your the point about completion percentage did actually have merit, that would mean that Kliff Kingsbury (spelling) from Texas Tech has a stronger arm than Kyle Boller because he threw for yards. We know that is not true.

I'm not saying that we should draft Walter, because I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement.

walter is the steal of the draft...hes exactly like a young drew bledsoe...with a good oline thats a killer qb ya got on your hands

Drfletcherdc said:
If we trade Patrick Surtain, I hope we use our 2nd rounder on Walters. I believe he is going to be the best qb from this draft. If we draft any other qb, I will be upset.

If we get a 2nd round pick (and I hope we do somehow), I hope we use it on either Jason Campbell or Charlie Frye if we pass on taking Rodgers or Smith. IMO, Frye and Campbell will be there in the mid-2nd round - maybe even late-2nd round. Walters will, IMO, be drafted late-3rd round. Of these three QB prospects, I prefer Frye followed closely by Campbell and then Walters. All three will be successful in the NFL, but IMO, it is Charlie Frye who has the most upside of the three and makes better / smarter decisions of the three. Campbell and Walters have played tougher opponents and possess superb skills. But IMO, QBs Alex Smith and Charlie Frye possess the commitment and work ethic that Saban and Linehan are looking for in a young QB.

Who is this Andrew Walter? Sorry, I just never heard of him. Maybe he would be a good pickup later on in the draft, could someone give some info on him

larfo2224 said:
Who is this Andrew Walter? Sorry, I just never heard of him. Maybe he would be a good pickup later on in the draft, could someone give some info on him

QB for Arizona State University.

Had a great three years and then near the end of his Senior year, he suffered a 3rd degree shoulder separation.

He had rewritten many of ASU's records.

Commitment? Work ethic? AW was scouted by many BIG college football programs and he went straight to ASU just cause his parents and grandparents went there, he moved from Colorado to AZ just to play there, he spent days watching tape for the next opponent, and how many college QBs do you hear openly saying in interviews that they would like to handoff the ball a little more oftenly in the sakes of the team being more succesful, sacryfing his production? Though still the coach had him throw 45 times a game cause they just didnt had a RB or O line to run the ball.

KyPhinfan13 said:
Okay, with all due respect Bluefin, I've heard you talk about this 10% lower in accuracy than Rodgers and Smith and I need to point something out to you. Just because Walter's statistics are not as good as Rodgers and Smith, doesn't mean he's less accurate than either. You cannot base your whole "accuracy" argument merely on statistical analysis. Rodgers, Smith, and Walter all ran different offenses. If your the point about completion percentage did actually have merit, that would mean that Kliff Kingsbury (spelling) from Texas Tech has a stronger arm than Kyle Boller because he threw for yards. We know that is not true.

I'm not saying that we should draft Walter, because I haven't seen enough of him to make a judgement.
I understand what you mean. But in this particular case, the stats DON'T lie. I've seen Walter play quite a bit and he is definitely less accurate than Rodgers or Smith. There's a reason he's considered a mid-round prospect and it has little do with his injury.

Dolphin-One said:
QB for Arizona State University.

Had a great three years and then near the end of his Senior year, he suffered a 3rd degree shoulder separation.

He had rewritten many of ASU's records.
Thanks, appreciate the info.

Joey 22 said:
Commitment? Work ethic? AW was scouted by many BIG college football programs and he went straight to ASU just cause his parents and grandparents went there, he moved from Colorado to AZ just to play there, he spent days watching tape for the next opponent, and how many college QBs do you hear openly saying in interviews that they would like to handoff the ball a little more oftenly in the sakes of the team being more succesful, sacryfing his production? Though still the coach had him throw 45 times a game cause they just didnt had a RB or O line to run the ball.

Hey... I did not say Walters was not committed or had a poor worth ethic. What I said was, IMO, QBs Alex Smith and Charlie Frye possess the commitment and work ethic that Saban and Linehan are looking for in a young QB.

And I stand by that opinion.

LIQUID24 said:
I understand what you mean. But in this particular case, the stats DON'T lie. I've seen Walter play quite a bit and he is definitely less accurate than Rodgers or Smith. There's a reason he's considered a mid-round prospect and it has little do with his injury.

Like I said, I haven't seen him play enough for him to make an impression with me. He is probably less accurate than the main 2 QB's this year. I just don't base my opinions totally on stats.

Boomer said:
Apparently Andrew Walter looked "very good" throwing the ball, showing an "excellent deep arm", "accuracy" and a "quick delivery motion". According to an eye witness, "Walter did a fantastic job for a QB who sustained a 3rd degree separation of his throwing shoulder just 4 months ago."

He ran in the 4.87/4.86 range.

Plus a lot of talk about us dealing down as we know and a growing swell of opinion that we take Braylon Edwards and look at a back in 3, IF we are forced to stay at 2. Plus, we have seemingly a lot of interest in Thomas Davis, according to Davis himself.

Seems you forgot to mention that some of those long passes wobbled.

No one, listen no one on this draft has a better long ball than AW.

Joey 22 said:
No one, listen no one on this draft has a better long ball than AW.

Since most passes are 20 yards or less in any given game...it's not that important who throws 50 yds or not.

fishypete said:
Seems you forgot to mention that some of those long passes wobbled.

I know its rare to see someone throwing 50 yds more than once a game but what I mean its that in the statement above you where LYING.

rickeyrunsover said:
Of course Smith not being able to throw teh outs is of no concern and doesnt remind you of anyone, eh?

i love your sig man :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom