Andrew Walter Workout Details | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Walter Workout Details

Joey 22 said:
I know its rare to see someone throwing 50 yds more than once a game but what I mean its that in the statement above you where LYING.

REALLY? Why don't you invest some money and get NFL Draft scout...you'll see the article written by John Murphy from Next Level scouting...and then tell me I'm lying.

If his long balls arent good, Rogers and Smiths are worse, period.

I'm OK with a mid-round investment in Andrew Walter

But not earlier than the 3rd.

I went to USC and have seen Walter plenty. There are distinct highs and lows. He LOOKS like a prototype NFL pocket QB and no questioning his arm. He also has the nice variety of touch and loft that I prioritize, not the line-drive mania of an A.J. Feeley, or even an Aaron Rodgers to a lesser degree.

But Walter is undeniably a statue. Plus he thrills to stand there and scan downfield without sensing the rush, a la Rob Johnson. It can be almost comical. I bet against ASU frequently because I can't stand pantyhose finesse passing teams like that, but I love how they can be squashed by the right (i.e. legit) opponent. There were long stretches in those games when you could count on Walter to turn it over, get sacked and generally be completely baffled.

However, I can excuse some of it. That Sun Devils head coach is a moron, IMO. He will never produce a bigtime consistent threat in the Pac 10 with a wimpy unbalanced approach like that. Walter may be better than he appears once he has a threat of a running game and a better supporting cast. Also, he looks downfield first, which I love. It's not the 3-yard-pass-and-run-like-hell approach of a Cal and Aaron Rodgers. Almost all of Walter's INTs were semi-deep throws. If you can get him to stop forcing it into coverage, he could dramatically improve. However, I've noticed that collegiate turnover machines become NFL turnover machines, almost without exception.

I don't know the extent of his injury. IMO, that dops him at least a round. You never invest heavily in QBs with arm/shoulder problems, or RBs with knee/leg concerns.

Who do you think leads his bandwagon?

Back
Top Bottom