Andrew Walter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Walter

Jaj

What you say?
Reaction score
KB, Boomer, and others who feel they have any say when it comes to the draft, if Andrew Walter has an impressive workout would you not agree that he'd hop Charlie Frye as the third QB with ease?

I could see a team definitely fall in love with him in the late 1st round. If we had a 2nd and gained other picks for trading down from the 2nd overall I wouldn't be against trading up for him. Very talented player who's had a terrible supporting cast yet has a very impressive TD/INT ratio and physical ability. He just looks akward when he runs. Who doesn't when they're 6-5?

No.

I believe Charlie Frye is the third best "pure" qb in the draft. Definitely passing wise, anyway.

He has a zip on his out throws, can read a D and makes good decisions.

I like Campbell and McPherson also, but they are more athletic while Frye is more of a passer.

I think whatever team gets Frye in the second round gets themselves a steal. He maaaaaaaay force a ball every teeny once in a while, but that can be coached and he still makes overall good decisions. If you watched the Senior Bowl, you saw this.

DolphinDevil28 said:
No.

I believe Charlie Frye is the third best "pure" qb in the draft. Definitely passing wise, anyway.

He has a zip on his out throws, can read a D and makes good decisions.

I like Campbell and McPherson also, but they are more athletic while Frye is more of a passer.

I think whatever team gets Frye in the second round gets themselves a steal. He maaaaaaaay force a ball every teeny once in a while, but that can be coached and he still makes overall good decisions. If you watched the Senior Bowl, you saw this.

Andrew Walter can read a D just as well, has WAY more arm strength, and is a film junkie/leader.

Jaj said:
Andrew Walter can read a D just as well, has WAY more arm strength, and is a film junkie/leader.

:lol: Well, you asked.

And I guarantee you I study the draft just as much as KB and Boomer. And I still haven't gotten my "draft guru" sticker yet. :angry:

DolphinDevil28 said:
:lol: Well, you asked.

And I guarantee you I study the draft just as much as KB and Boomer. And I still haven't gotten my "draft guru" sticker yet. :angry:

Tell you the truth I feel that way myself sometimes... :cooldude:

I used to do this sites' off-season position analysis. I rated pretty much every single friggin possiblity. But I quit... :lol: It just takes too long

Jaj said:
Tell you the truth I feel that way myself sometimes...

LOL, Tell me about it. Especially with as many posts as you and I have.

Sometimes I just don't think the mods like me that much.

ya i think walters is a great QB, and wouldnt mind us picking him , 3rd-4th round, if availible

DolphinDevil28 said:
LOL, Tell me about it. Especially with as many posts as you and I have.

Sometimes I just don't think the mods like me that much.

Ya PM about draft thoughts once in a while. Few people seem to respond to PMs.

Ya I got it. I'll write up my steals of the draft on the site soon.

I think Walter is a great prospect. He has a good arm and can read defenses very well. Saying that, I think this should really be a given for most Quarterbacks when turning pro. I think he'll be available in the 3rd being that the demand for a QB doesn't seem extreme in this draft -- I could see Kyle Orton slipping in front of him and most likely Jason Campbell also.

If he's available at our 3rd round pick and we didn't take the off-spring of the Rodgers/Smith drama, then I guess I'd look at him, but with other needs, I wouldn't stress it too much. I would rate him and would like to see him here though.

I think Campbell is the #3 QB followed by Frye, and I don't see Walter leapfrogging either of them. I think Walter will go in the 3rd or 4th round area. I think he's pretty similiar to Kyle Orton. Both have plenty of experience, but it doesn't always show. I saw Walter quite a bit and I have mixed feelings on him...I like his size and arm, but his accuracy and pocket presence are average at best. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him, but I won't have high expectations for him.

Walter has a lot of physical tools, but his accuracy has waned on him during his career. I was expecting him to put it all together this season and to become a first round pick, but that didn't happen.

I see the QB pecking order like this at the moment.

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Alex Smith
3. Jason Campbell
4. Charlie Frye

I figure all of them will go in the first two rounds.

The next quarterback spot may be a matter of preference. Andrew Walter, David Greene, Kyle Orton, and Adrian McPherson may all be in the mix to be the first QB off the board in the third round.

Walter has a shoulder injury....buyer beware.

Keith I agree with your listing....although I believe we may see Smith drop because of his workout....he's not close to being a NFL ready QB...and Campbell has all the tools that Smith has....plus experience. I believe a smart GM/Coach will select Campbell very late in the first round or very early in the 2nd. Of course I still believe the best little QB in this draft will be taken in the 6th round.

Before his injury he was fighting out the #3 QB spot because he had troubles with his supporting cast, in his sophomore year (he starts since his Freshman) he was tagged by everyone to be a #1 overall pick but then he had troubles in his Jr. year cause he lost the most of his supporting cast in that year, then he had an average Sr year, not as good as the sophomore but real good and then in the last game of his regular season he got injured, he already was injured but he never noticed, its a very similar injury to that Pennington has now, then he couldnt even play his bowl, and decided to have surgery instead of letting it heal, thinking of being healthy as soon as he came in to the NFL, but it backfired cause he couldnt work out and he sliped from the 4th QB to the 8th QB, now if he gets real heathy and he losses no armstrength he could be the STEAL OF THE DRAFT.

Back
Top Bottom