Andy Cohen: Brian Flores Just Keeps Impressing | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen: Brian Flores Just Keeps Impressing

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
roez8rcwausye7t6nb7c.jpg

I am not going to predict instant success for Brian Flores, nor am I going to tell you that he won’t make mistakes as a first-year head coach in the NFL. That would be ill advised and far too premature.

But after watching Flores since his hiring in early February, after listening to his words, evaluating his actions, seeing the changes he has made in the football culture of this organization and observing him over the first few days of training camp, it is already evident to me that he is the right man for this job and this team.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/andy-cohen-brian-flores-just-keeps-impressing

I have yet to see or hear about anything that leads me to question Flores being hired as HC.

Laying down a foundation of continuous excellence. The biggest determinent of how successful he'll be depends on acquiring talent, particularly at QB.

I love his "takes no talent" mantra, but to be a perennial contender it does take talent.

There’s no correct formula in getting the right coach. He doesn’t have to be a demure genius like BB or a fired up “players guy” like Carroll. But one thing that all championship coaches share is a clear, well thought out vision that they’re able to manifest. Tbh the only coach in the last decade I was able to see what they were going for was Sparano, even if it was unsuccessful. Gase and Philbin I had no idea what they intended this team’s identity to be.

Flores’s vision is very clear but the task before him is daunting. Really hope he can bring the Dolphins back to relevancy. Very like able, hard nosed coach.

Knew nothing then, know nothing now... happy with the change because that's what i do, roll with it!

I hope the mantra has more staying power than “Fail Forward Fast.”

I have yet to see or hear about anything that leads me to question Flores being hired as HC.

Laying down a foundation of continuous excellence. The biggest determinent of how successful he'll be depends on acquiring talent, particularly at QB.

I love his "takes no talent" mantra, but to be a perennial contender it does take talent.
ng

I like what I see from a fundamental standpoint right now.....but I want to see game time decisions and adjustments. I remember when everyone was excited when Philbin first started and was running practices in both directions.

I don’t know whether Flores will be a great or a dud, but articles by Cohen at the beginning of a coach’s tenure in training camp is nothing but pure fluff. His job is to be chief propagandist of the Miami Dolphins. He basically takes the same article and just changes the name every 3 years.

There’s no correct formula in getting the right coach. He doesn’t have to be a demure genius like BB or a fired up “players guy” like Carroll. But one thing that all championship coaches share is a clear, well thought out vision that they’re able to manifest. Tbh the only coach in the last decade I was able to see what they were going for was Sparano, even if it was unsuccessful. Gase and Philbin I had no idea what they intended this team’s identity to be.

Flores’s vision is very clear but the task before him is daunting. Really hope he can bring the Dolphins back to relevancy. Very like able, hard nosed coach.
Good point about our last 3 coaches.

can't lie i was kind of disappointed we got Flores, really wanted Kris Richard, but i have been nothing but impressed from everything i have seen so far.
Same here. I like what he's doing so far but then again we haven't played a single game yet. I hope we still say the same things about him and the staff this time next year.

Back
Top Bottom