Andy Cohen: Plenty Happening With Draft Approaching | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen: Plenty Happening With Draft Approaching

can't blame you there. We know the season won't bring many wins but I still want to see how the young guys do going forward. As far as the draft, I'm always excited for it till we screw it up....lol
Yep, I'll watch the games too, but there's real excitement about the draft, a real sense of we could possibly do something great.

I dunno. Right now Im more excited for the draft, but I know Im gonna be just as excited to see our new toys in action!

Coaches, players, cheerleaders...oh my!
Good point … but by week 6 it's going to be hard to keep that enthusiasm I fear.

Good point … but by week 6 it's going to be hard to keep that enthusiasm I fear.

Depends on how the draft goes. There's always a silver lining.

Suppose we take a QB in 2 weeks? Might be ready to see him start getting some reps by the bye.

If not....every loss brings us closer to getting that guy.

I just hope we build a solid foundation that stresses the fundamentals. Solid tackling, blocking, route running, etc....

You guys will have a miserable season if you already complain about a pre-season schedule.
Nobody is forced to watch.

Miserable was knowing their was a cap on this team for 7 years.

Where as I see the next few years as refreshing and something that bring some type of hope.

And I'm not complaining, just speaking a reality from the past few years concerning nationally televised games.

Nice try though. I've been quite clear on my expectations in 2019 and 2020. Both lines need a over haul. And I look forward to hopefully watching some fundamental football.

Yep, I'll watch the games too, but there's real excitement about the draft, a real sense of we could possibly do something great.
yeah people are looking forward to the 2020 draft cause of the great QB's coming our plus we could have 12 picks but this draft is huge to start laying the foundation, specially up front on both sides of the ball.

TBH, is very hard to tell this year what the team will do. Most of the time we got it down to maybe 2 or 3 players for our 1st round pick but this year it's just hard. If we stay at 13 I'm thinking D-line unless Haskins drops to us and we take him but if we move down then who knows.
It's def a crapshoot this year. At least we don't have to wait much longer.

can't blame you there. We know the season won't bring many wins but I still want to see how the young guys do going forward. As far as the draft, I'm always excited for it till we screw it up....lol

Because we know we are mediocre on the field but the draft always brings new hope.

Everyone already knows in preseason the power teams rest all their best players so we will probably win a few anyway. Whats the problem with seeing what we ended up with? Winning or losing a preseason is no big thing.

I agree that winning or losing isn't the big thing. The big thing is how the offense and defense preform, how well individuals seem to be shaping up and in general, how coordinated the plays are.

This will tell me more about what I can expect to see from the team this year then another month of forum predictions. This will tell me how exciting the season can be.

This is clearly a total rebuilding effort by the new staff, but this does not mean we are "tanking" for a draft pick next year. That's just an excuse for not being effective with what you have or for an inability to improve a team via the draft and free agency. The ability to grow as a team each and every year is what is going to be unveiled this season.

In essence this is really what NFL football is all about and this is something to get excited about.

I dunno. Right now Im more excited for the draft, but I know Im gonna be just as excited to see our new toys in action!

Coaches, players, cheerleaders...oh my!

I am so excited about everything else, I forgot about the cheerleaders. Thanks for reminding me.

Very weird year.

Team needs practically everything and is strangely under some what unusual pressure to be improved in our Draft and player selections and at he same time not be good or better enough to be out of the 2020 race for a QB...
Unfortunately the team we had last year could be difficult to actually be worse than and if so all the dreams of next years high draft pick of that so called franchise QB are just a figment of ones present imagination, Plus we most likely have to be worse than the teams that are already worse than our last years team though some might not need a QB.. At a minimum its a very reasonable possibility and NOT the given expressed to a large extent in here. Having a good draft actually can hurt Us and a great draft be a catastrophe in 2020 draft reality.
We can do pretty much whatever...
Stay at 13 get that shouldn't miss guy (BPA)
Move back and pick up a few later round BPA's for quantity is also a need for the level of rebuild we are in.
Or who knows Move up to Tampa's pick and get a Murray IF Cards pick Bosa and Raiders stick with Carr.....
Big difference and tricky part outside of the Murray at 5 is, that all our remaining strategy probably will be somewhat limited behind the notion of Us being worse than our usual selves in order to even have a shot at the high picks needed for the 2020 draft...
If the Stars are right and we somehow get Murray and can start building right away and have no worries about doing crappy enough for 2020 Draft hypothetical.

Last edited:
This chatting about winning any games until after the draft is silly. The draft might give us a glimmer of hope or not.

Back
Top Bottom