Andy Cohen: Plenty Happening With Draft Approaching | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Cohen: Plenty Happening With Draft Approaching

Very weird year.

Team needs practically everything and is strangely under some what unusual pressure to be improved in our Draft and player selections and at he same time not be good or better enough to be out of the 2020 race for a QB...
Unfortunately the team we had last year could be difficult to actually be worse than and if so all the dreams of next years high draft pick of that so called franchise QB are just a figment of ones present imagination, Plus we most likely have to be worse than the teams that are already worse than our last years team though some might not need a QB.. At a minimum its a very reasonable possibility and NOT the given expressed to a large extent in here. Having a good draft actually can hurt Us and a great draft be a catastrophe in 2020 draft reality.
We can do pretty much whatever...
Stay at 13 get that shouldn't miss guy (BPA)
Move back and pick up a few later round BPA's for quantity is also a need for the level of rebuild we are in.
Or who knows Move up to Tampa's pick and get a Murray IF Cards pick Bosa and Raiders stick with Carr.....
Big difference and tricky part outside of the Murray at 5 is, that all our remaining strategy probably will be somewhat limited behind the notion of Us being worse than our usual selves in order to even have a shot at the high picks needed for the 2020 draft...
If the Stars are right and we somehow get Murray and can start building right away and have no worries about doing crappy enough for 2020 Draft hypothetical.

While I agree with your general assessment concerning all the areas we need to improve in due to the current sweeping changes we have seen in personnel, I feel you are putting too much emphasis on the 2020 draft's importance to us. If we do not make some kind of improvements in how the team functions we are in organizational hell, which no draft can fix, in and of itself.

Lets see how effective the new staff can be in bringing in players who can perform and see how much they improve during the year. We won't have a meaningful idea of what we will need the most until the end of the season, so let's just enjoy the ride.

This new staff is only "new" in terms of being on the same team. They have plenty of experience and most have had very successful experiences in the NFL coaching ranks. What I am trying to say is:

CHICKEN LITTLE, THE SKY IS NOT FALLING. YOUR JUST WALLOING IN ABJECT SELF PITTY.

Give yourself a break from worrying over what the future MAY bring. Be a realist, observe the season with an eye to how well the team performs along with the problems it will be facing and enjoy the season for how it unfolds. Then, for better or for worse, at the end of the season you will have all your ducks in a row and be in a position to speak from a basis in reality when lambasting the Dolphins.

Honestly, I'm more excited about the draft than the season.
I'm not. I'm going to still watch the season and see how it plays out. This is at least 3 drafts and 2 seasons before the team starts to become decent of it works out. I'm just going to keep watching. Hell it's not like we've been spoilt by a successful team over the years is it.

While I agree with your general assessment concerning all the areas we need to improve in due to the current sweeping changes we have seen in personnel, I feel you are putting too much emphasis on the 2020 draft's importance to us. If we do not make some kind of improvements in how the team functions we are in organizational hell, which no draft can fix, in and of itself.

Lets see how effective the new staff can be in bringing in players who can perform and see how much they improve during the year. We won't have a meaningful idea of what we will need the most until the end of the season, so let's just enjoy the ride.

This new staff is only "new" in terms of being on the same team. They have plenty of experience and most have had very successful experiences in the NFL coaching ranks. What I am trying to say is:

CHICKEN LITTLE, THE SKY IS NOT FALLING. YOUR JUST WALLOING IN ABJECT SELF PITTY.

Give yourself a break from worrying over what the future MAY bring. Be a realist, observe the season with an eye to how well the team performs along with the problems it will be facing and enjoy the season for how it unfolds. Then, for better or for worse, at the end of the season you will have all your ducks in a row and be in a position to speak from a basis in reality when lambasting the Dolphins.

Sorry must not have been clear enough. Wasn't a judgement or criticism call about our present situation and expectation of quality in the up coming season for truthfully don't expect to much due to the amount needed to overturn.. Also after decades of incompetence and an extra year and a half of Gase and Co. feel quit the contrary of the sky falling. In fact with very little significant factual situations pointing to the level of competence in our New Guys, I'm very pleased and feeling great about these new guys though realize for me the sky is still blue and whether it falls or not will need a heck of a lot more input to form that more accurate evaluation.

To much emphasis on the 2020 Draft for that QB ? (not me, see rest of FH)

On the contrary though, think the QB is OUR most valued part and need and think that 2020 has to many potential obstacles to getting one of those top guys, though possible but think if Murray isn't in the Cards hand it might be pretty wise to get him in ours if at all possible because I DON"T want to be so tied up with that dependence on 2020 and all the things that have to line up correctly. Give 2019 QB full shot and if worse we'd have another shot in 2020 (2 shots better than 1, IMO). Thus if the possibility to move to Tampa's 5th spot make sense IMO. Plus I feel that that dependency is also tying our hands to a degree in picking up more quality Players. Instead of emptying out aaf maybe get a quality NFL OL,DL,LB,... But thats up to the new guys and what I'm going to be open to seeing how they handle it and then start to form an opinion of their abilities....

This is probably the least worried I've ever been with the quality of the Team and have very low expectations with the feeling that just a quality coaching staff and FO is a big bonus to start with if achieved .
Not lambasting the Dolphins cause truthfully one of the few in here who actual admit I don't know their plan, idea, strategy, ability and at this point though may have my own ideas give the new guys 100% support for atleast this year...

Sorry must not have been clear enough. Wasn't a judgement or criticism call about our present situation and expectation of quality in the up coming season for truthfully don't expect to much due to the amount needed to overturn.. Also after decades of incompetence and an extra year and a half of Gase and Co. feel quit the contrary of the sky falling. In fact with very little significant factual situations pointing to the level of competence in our New Guys, I'm very pleased and feeling great about these new guys though realize for me the sky is still blue and whether it falls or not will need a heck of a lot more input to form that more accurate evaluation.

To much emphasis on the 2020 Draft for that QB ? (not me, see rest of FH)

On the contrary though, think the QB is OUR most valued part and need and think that 2020 has to many potential obstacles to getting one of those top guys, though possible but think if Murray isn't in the Cards hand it might be pretty wise to get him in ours if at all possible because I DON"T want to be so tied up with that dependence on 2020 and all the things that have to line up correctly. Give 2019 QB full shot and if worse we'd have another shot in 2020 (2 shots better than 1, IMO). Thus if the possibility to move to Tampa's 5th spot make sense IMO. Plus I feel that that dependency is also tying our hands to a degree in picking up more quality Players. Instead of emptying out aaf maybe get a quality NFL OL,DL,LB,... But thats up to the new guys and what I'm going to be open to seeing how they handle it and then start to form an opinion of their abilities....

This is probably the least worried I've ever been with the quality of the Team and have very low expectations with the feeling that just a quality coaching staff and FO is a big bonus to start with if achieved .
Not lambasting the Dolphins cause truthfully one of the few in here who actual admit I don't know their plan, idea, strategy, ability and at this point though may have my own ideas give the new guys 100% support for atleast this year...

Fair enough.

I do agree with getting a QB each of the upcoming 2 drafts, if the new staff feels they can make something out of those players.

Danny, don't throw in the towel on Gisecki just yet. Yes, he underwhelmed, but he had a crap QB, a crap o-line and his coaches were clueless children playing ego games. Let this group of REAL NFL Coaches, instead of pretenders, work with the offense and it's key components. These guys will figure out how to get production out of him. If not we'll both give up on him by about game 6!!!!!

We won't win many games this season but it's going to be fun to track the progress of our young players and see what we have for the future.

I'm not. I'm going to still watch the season and see how it plays out. This is at least 3 drafts and 2 seasons before the team starts to become decent of it works out. I'm just going to keep watching. Hell it's not like we've been spoilt by a successful team over the years is it.
Oh I'll keep watching the games, and still be interested in the development … but that sense of hope I'm expecting to find more in the draft and in the games the development of those draft picks … this season is not a make or break season … more of a fun evolution where I'm not too interested in wins anyway.

Back
Top Bottom