Andy Pettitte to the Yankees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andy Pettitte to the Yankees

If RJ, Andy, and Iwaga make the starting rotation....cant remember the last time we had 3 lefties in the rotation.

Hopefully between RJ, Andy, and Pavano we get 2+ solid SP's out of it. Not sure all 3 last a full year, but combined we just might have something with Moose and Wang, and either Proctor or Hughes mixing some starts in there.

$16M is not a horrible deal for the potential return. Plus with improved and deeper bullpen we may only need 5+ solid innings most nights.

Dont the Yankees get someone and are supposed to 'win the world series' every year :confused:

Either way its a good signing...although Im not sure he is worth that much at this stage of his career

Only a 1 year deal, possibly 2.

Big money not tied up for a lot of years here. It's a good contract for the Yanks.

MikeO said:
Only a 1 year deal, possibly 2.

Big money not tied up for a lot of years here. It's a good contract for the Yanks.

1 Year---but for $16...Correct on the 1 year deal, but I would call $16 mil shimolies quite a chunk of change.:eek:

azfinfanmang said:
1 Year---but for $16...Correct on the 1 year deal, but I would call $16 mil shimolies quite a chunk of change.:eek:

I guess its like 16 dollars to the Yanks :lol:

Andy is a stand-up guy and one of my favorite atheletes in any sport. The work he has done with FCA and his love of the game are something more should take notice of.
Great to have Pettitte back in pinstripes! Bring back that clutch playoff sinker!

Considering how bad Randy Johnson is at this point of his career. If the Yanks get anything out of Pavano I don't think Johnson would be in their rotation come playoff time. On paper the Yankees are always the most talented team but I don't think any team is afraid of the mystique the Yankees had when they were on their championship run. Considering the price of starting pitching it's not a bad deal and he's a lefty that's a bonus. Given the age and the miles that have been put on the arms of Mussina, Petitte, Johnson it could lead to trouble.

Back
Top Bottom