Announcements You Would NOT Like to Hear on the Draft Dais? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Announcements You Would NOT Like to Hear on the Draft Dais?

LouPhinFan

It's ok to say "I don't know".
Club Member
Reaction score
What Fins related announcements would you NOT like to hear on draft day?

I've got 2 to start off with:

"The Miami Sperm Whales have traded pick #12, pick #54, pick #77, and pick #82 to the Kansas City Chiefs for pick #1 and pick #170. With the first pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Miami Sperm Whales select Luke Joeckel, offensive tackle, Texas A & M.

I would also not like to hear:

With the 12th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Miami Humpback Whales select Sheldon Richardson, defensive tackle, Missouri.

For me those are the two worst case scenarios for Jeff Ireland.

I don't think you have to worry about #1.

And Richardson at 12 would be an excellent pick.I would be fine with him, Eifert, Vaccaro, Ansah, Cooper, Warmack.

WR and CB just don't offer value at 12, trade down(not sure how many teams want to trade UP though) 5-7 spots and take Trufant/Taylor or Patterson/Austin.

Personally I think value at WR could be in the late 2nd early 3rd with a guy like Wheaton.

Trading up for or drafting any OT.

Kenny Vaccaro.

Ansah.

The guys that make the most sense to me likely won't be Dolphins (Carradine, Patterson, Austin, Eifert).

If we take Manti T'eo or the Honey Badger with pick #12, I am leading a bonfire march on Ireland's house. :chuckle:

Anything involving the pats making some ridiculous trades to bring their total from 4 picks to something nuts like 10. You know they will pull something out if their backside, but in order for us to start taking over they need to stop drafting well.

No trade ups, no DT, no DE, no LB, no Patterson, and no CB (unless Milliner falls...and I'm not even crazy about him). I either want a trade down, Austin, or Eifert. I'd probably be okay with one of the top OTs or OGs if they lasted that long (but I doubt they will).

any team but Miami picking Tyler Eifert or Ryan Swope

Only thing that would truly upset me would be Austin @12... I would turn the draft off.

Trading up to #3 for Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher would not sit right with me. I'd throw my remote at the television if they took Chance Warmack. I would be unhappy about taking Jonathan Cooper or Kenny Vaccaro at 12, even though either could become a decent player. I don't see the impact. I wouldn't be all that happy about Ezekiel Ansah or Barkevious Mingo. Sheldon Richardson would concern me as well because I don't know if they'll use him correctly. I like Datone Jones but I don't like him at 12. I'd be pretty unhappy about Alec Ogletree that high.

Trading up to #3 for Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher would not sit right with me. I'd throw my remote at the television if they took Chance Warmack. I would be unhappy about taking Jonathan Cooper or Kenny Vaccaro at 12, even though either could become a decent player. I don't see the impact. I wouldn't be all that happy about Ezekiel Ansah or Barkevious Mingo. Sheldon Richardson would concern me as well because I don't know if they'll use him correctly. I like Datone Jones but I don't like him at 12. I'd be pretty unhappy about Alec Ogletree that high.

You have Werner in your mock, who else would you be happy with?

Any pass rusher at pick 12 except Dion Jordan.
Vaccaro in 1st round
Trading up for OL in 1st round
Trading picks for Albert
Manti Te'o any round
TE in top 4 rounds not named Kelce or Eifert

Sturgis and Hopkins both going to other teams
dolphins not drafting a power back to replace thomas
taking an offensive lineman first round
Kyle Juszczyk going to another team
Tavon to Patriots
Honey Badger to Patriots
Lattimore to Patriots
Geno smith to Buffalo or New York
DJ Hayden to Patriots
Ezekiel Ansah to Bills or Jets

Anything involving the pats making some ridiculous trades to bring their total from 4 picks to something nuts like 10. You know they will pull something out if their backside, but in order for us to start taking over they need to stop drafting well.

With 2 number 1s next year somehow

Back
Top Bottom