Annoying misconceptions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Annoying misconceptions

Metal Panda

One Moe Win
Reaction score
Some comments I've seen lately have driven me insane. Chargers fans crying that "schedulemakers" killed them, Philly fans rejoicing that a last place finish will get them an easier schedule last year.

Do these people not realize that in 2002, 14 of the 16 games for EVERY team in the league were set in stone through 2009? Only two games are affected by placing the prior season and now everybody in the same division essentially plays a comparable schedule due to the rotating division vs. division setup.

Oh well, here's Miami's for next year

Home:

Jacksonville
Tennessee
Green Bay
Minnesota
New England
New York Jets
Buffalo
Either Kansas City or San Diego (whomever finishes second in the West)

Away:

Houston (yay!)
Indianapolis
Chicago
Detroit
New England
New York Jets
Buffalo
Pittsburgh

RobFins2005 said:
Some comments I've seen lately have driven me insane. Chargers fans crying that "schedulemakers" killed them, Philly fans rejoicing that a last place finish will get them an easier schedule last year.

Do these people not realize that in 2002, 14 of the 16 games for EVERY team in the league were set in stone through 2009? Only two games are affected by placing the prior season and now everybody in the same division essentially plays a comparable schedule due to the rotating division vs. division setup.

Oh well, here's Miami's for next year

Home:

Jacksonville
Tennessee
Green Bay
Minnesota
New England
New York Jets
Buffalo
Either Kansas City or San Diego (whomever finishes second in the West)

Away:

Houston (yay!)
Indianapolis
Chicago
Detroit
New England
New York Jets
Buffalo
Pittsburgh

phew, nuttin' easy about that one. If we go, it will be earned for sure.

I have a lot of confidence in Saban's team.

I know we're back on topic here but I'll leave this topic here since it was started OT. :)

But seriously though....anybody noticed what Hudson Houck has done with this offensive line? he deserves his paycheck. And they've cut out the false starts!

and Linehan has turned a mediocre offensive team into an average yet functional offense. There's a rumor going around in the rumor mill that Miami will try to trade for Daunte in the offseason but that sounds bogus to me. Why would Minnesota want to give up a QB who is one year removed from a fantastic season and leave it in the hands of a man about to retire (Brad Johnson)? Still that would be awesome.

Maybe they were complaining about the home & away part of the schedule, not who, because that's not determined until the April before the draft.

SMadison29 said:
Maybe they were complaining about the home & away part of the schedule, not who, because that's not determined until the April before the draft.

The home and away part for all 16 games is already determined through 2009 as well.

I am pulling this information from the NFL Record and Fact Book, the 2004 edition, which I received last Christmas and was published long before April of 2005, and the schedule posted for 2005, including where the games would be played, is 100% correct for every team.

What isn't determined is the order and grouping of the games.

RobFins2005 said:
What isn't determined is the order and grouping of the games.
it's hard to put much bias into that anyway. just soooo many different factors with that stuff that i can't even imagine how the league can make it fairly even for 32 teams. it's remarkable

How many years in a row have we played Tennessee at home?

Back
Top Bottom