Anothe column on Miami's woes. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anothe column on Miami's woes.

fairbanksb

Panhandler
Reaction score
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Miami/Features/2004/holbrook031104.htm

I’ve got a great idea for a new reality series that’s tailor-made for the fledgling NFL Network  contact the Dolphins and ask permission to follow management, coaches and players as they conduct their daily business leading up to the 2004 season. Based on what’s gone on in south Florida this offseason, this can’t help but be a smash hit. In fact, “The Miami Circus†could do for the NFL Network what “The Real World†did for MTV. It’s got that much entertainment value.

Stop for a minute and think. Can you remember an NFL team having a crazier offseason in recent years than the once-proud Dolphins have had during the past two months?

Go to the link for the rest of the story...

a lot of people on here will "get offended", and start insulting that author. but you can't. if we didn't give him a reason to write that stuff, he wouldn't.

another case of sad but true.

(i think it would be a hit series on the NFL network though....)

Screw these journalists. They have to talk about something, this is more of the "talking head" syndrome. With the advent of the internet and cable, more morons than ever are voicing their opinions. This guy doesn't know squat. Let's wait until the offseason is over to judge what Rick has done. Has the offseason gone perfectly? No. Do we have problems? Yes, but so does every team. I'm tired of this "laughingstock of the league" BS.

I think there is some kind of media backlash against the phins. We have been looked upon as a premier franchise for decades, and the press is deciding to wear on that a little. Hopefully after our success in the upcoming season, they'll shut up.

That article seemed pretty objective to me. He's pretty much just telling it like it is for right now.

Originally posted by phinman1
Screw these journalists. They have to talk about something, this is more of the "talking head" syndrome. With the advent of the internet and cable, more morons than ever are voicing their opinions. This guy doesn't know squat. Let's wait until the offseason is over to judge what Rick has done. Has the offseason gone perfectly? No. Do we have problems? Yes, but so does every team. I'm tired of this "laughingstock of the league" BS.

I think there is some kind of media backlash against the phins. We have been looked upon as a premier franchise for decades, and the press is deciding to wear on that a little. Hopefully after our success in the upcoming season, they'll shut up.

lol, i rest my case!

lets all point fingers at the journalists... this can't possibly be OUR fault! :rolleyes:

Journalists just take plain boring soup stir the pot, add a little pepper & spices and soon everyone is eating it up like it's gourmet or something.
Miami didn't sign every guy they looked at who does, no teams gets every player they want or front office guys they want. So we almost made a mistake with MacIntosh, but we didn't it was caught by our guys in time to avoid any problems. We signed 3 good players, 2 of which just played in superbowl a month ago. I think they are doing fairly while, not A+ offseason, but not an F by any means.

Back
Top Bottom