Another 2014 Big Board (drafttek.com) Top 100 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another 2014 Big Board (drafttek.com) Top 100

I like McCullers to some degree but based on what he's shown to date (he could improve next year, who knows) he doesn't deserve 1st round standing let alone top 10 standing. I think this is just people going nuts about a size listing (based on tradition) and not stopping to think a moment about the direction the NFL is going and how the value of those gigantic space eaters is being reduced at an annual pace. When I watch him I see a guy that is big and strong and dominant within his area of operation, but I also see a guy whose area of operation is relatively small and I don't see a guy who is consistently affecting the passer.

You see three archetypes when it comes to the guys in the middle up front. There are huge guys that are unnaturally quick for their size, there are smaller guys who are unnaturally strong for their size, and then there's something in between. There's always going to be demand for the guys that fit right in between those archetypes, so long as they're good. But in the past, with Bill Parcells' and George Young's "planet theory", you can say with certainty that the NFL was definitely a lot more enamoured with the huge guys that are unnaturally quick for their size. That continues in some circles. But lately there's been a growing trend away from those guys and toward the other end of the spectrum, the smaller guys who are unnaturally strong despite their being small. I think you can directly attribute this trend to the growing importance of the passing game and especially the quick passing game.

Hope you guys had a nice Memorial Day weekend as well. My birthday is tomorrow (May 29th) and this is always around this Holiday, so it is a nice way to kick off the Summer. :brewskis:

I have seen some publications having us taking a DT to possible replace Starks. Daniel McCullers of TENN, Anthony Johnson of LSU, or Louis Nix of Notre Dame, might be a nice fit. It will be interesting to see what Ireland does with Starks, and whether he will give him a long term deal.

if you want to replace randy starks will sutton is who i would do it with...cat quick dt on the inside who not only gets to the qb he finishes and punishes them...i don't care if the guys 6 ft 3 and 280 lbs...i want that quickness and ability to finish in my dt rotation...that kids a manimal

Card fan here. Bridgewater is a stud. Deserving of the projected #2 slot.

On one hand i hope we can get jake matthews the other i hope were drafting at 32 and he isnt available

Draftek has us taking Cyrus Kouandijo, LOT, Alabama with next year's 1st rounder (the 14th overall pick). Updated four days ago. I cannot see us picking that low...I think we pick in the 20's.

I see next year's potential top priorities being left tackle, defensive tackle, corner, tailback, offensive guard, tight end and free safety...loosely in that order.

My best guess for a first rounder right now would indeed be an offensive tackle and Cyrus Kouandjio makes sense.

i will be surprised if we are in position to land cyrus come next may...

I see next year's potential top priorities being left tackle, defensive tackle, corner, tailback, offensive guard, tight end and free safety...loosely in that order.

My best guess for a first rounder right now would indeed be an offensive tackle and Cyrus Kouandjio makes sense.

Kouandijo would make sense depending on how Jonathan Martin plays the LT spot this year. I kind of feel Martin would be better suited for the right side, but let's see how he protects Tannehill's blind side this season.

I love Kyle Van Noy. When ever I went to watch Ziggy Ansah, Noy kept popping out to me.

I think it's gonna be tackle also but off what I have seen from Clabo thus far and how limited athletically he looks wouldn't surprise me if it was for a right tackle

I guess so far signing Clabo for a one year deal made sense. I too think that RT and ROG, so far, seems like a glaring need

Back
Top Bottom