Another 2014 Big Board (drafttek.com) Top 100 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another 2014 Big Board (drafttek.com) Top 100

j-off-her-doll

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Something to discuss during the down time. And happy Memorial Day, guys.

1--Jadeveon ClowneySouth Carolina6'5272DE43OLB340----
2--Teddy BridgewaterLouisville6'3"218QB----
3--Marqise LeeUSC6'0"195WRF----
4--Taylor LewanMichigan6'7"302LOTROT-75BIOVID
5--Jake MatthewsTexas A&M6'5"305ROTLOT0BIOVID
6--Anthony BarrUCLA6'3"238OLB43BIOVID
7--Sammy WatkinsClemson6'1"205WRF----
8--Bradley RobyOhio State5'11"193CB----
9--Daniel McCullersTennessee6'6"377DT43DT340BIOVID
10--Tajh BoydClemson6'1"225QB----
11--Austin Seferian-JenkinsWashington6'6"266TE----
12--Kyle Van NoyBYU6'3"235OLB43----
13--Jackson JeffcoatTexas6'4"245OLB34DE43-4BIOVID
14--Cyrus KouandijoAlabama6'5"312ROTLOT0----
15--Ifo Ekpre-OlomuOregon5'10"190CB----
16--Trent MurphyStanford6'4"261DE43----
17--Deandre ColemanCalifornia6'5"309DE34DT430----
18--C.J. MosleyAlabama6'2"232OLB43BIOVID
19--Brett HundleyUCLA6'3"227QB----
20--Shayne SkovStanford6'3"242ILBBIOVID
21--Ed ReynoldsStanford6'2"205FS----
22--Marcus RobersonFlorida6'0"178CB----
23--Jordan MatthewsVanderbilt6'3"205WRFBIOVID
24--Colt LyerlaOregon6'5"256TE----
25--Louis NixNotre Dame6'3"326DT34DT430----
26--Stephon TuittNotre Dame6'5"303DE34----
27--Carlos HydeOhio State6'0"235RBF----
28--Josh ShirleyWashington6'3"230OLB34----
29--Loucheiz PurifoyFlorida6'1"189CB----
30--David YankeyStanford6'5"302LOT----
31--A.J. McCarronAlabama6'3"205QBBIOVID
32--Ha'Sean Clinton-DixAlabama6'1"208FS

http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2014.asp

Not a bad top 32. They vary so much this early in the season that's its hard to ever find one you agree with 100%, this seems like one of the better ones. Clowney, Bridgewater, Lee, Matthews and Barr are all very rare talents and very possibly all top 10 guys IMHO. I'm glad to see Lyerla being projected as a 1st rounder because I don't share the common opinion that ASJ is light years better than Lyerla. All in all, its a good start.

Clowney is the best overall prospect I think I've ever seen regardless if position.

Clowney is the best overall prospect I think I've ever seen regardless if position.

Did you just wake up from a coma in the past year? This guy named Andrew Luck was drafted in 2012.

name that really stands out for being entirely too high is jackson jeffcoat...seriously overrated there

aj mccarron is the most talented pro prospect qb bamas had in a while...he's gonna stick for someone and probably be a solid starter...but not a get you over the hump guy at that level imo

they've also got mccullers way too high...you don't want a 6 ft 7 guy playing the nose in your d...lose too many leverage battles and guys can get up under your pads...he's kinda buyer beware to me at that height...i don't see much pass rush talents on the inside there either...a too tall plugger

name that really stands out for being entirely too high is jackson jeffcoat...seriously overrated there

aj mccarron is the most talented pro prospect qb bamas had in a while...he's gonna stick for someone and probably be a solid starter...but not a get you over the hump guy at that level imo

they've also got mccullers way too high...you don't want a 6 ft 7 guy playing the nose in your d...lose too many leverage battles and guys can get up under your pads...he's kinda buyer beware to me at that height...i don't see much pass rush talents on the inside there either...a too tall plugger

McCullers and Lewan are the two guys in the top 10 that stand out as bad choices - imo. Better than most draftek lists. A friend of mind likes the site, so I check it for the sake of conversation more than anything. Most of their lists are questionable, but this is solid-ish.

McCullers and Lewan are the two guys in the top 10 that stand out as bad choices - imo. Better than most draftek lists. A friend of mind likes the site, so I check it for the sake of conversation more than anything. Most of their lists are questionable, but this is solid-ish.

mccullers future probably lies at 5 tech at that height...but i see a large learning curve there...lewan i have no problem with in the top 10 personally but not over the ultimate technician jake mathews...i would have taken mathews over any tackle in the 2013 class had he come out...

I believe Clowney is certainly going to be considered one of the best DE prospects of all time. He's probably going to surpass what Julius Peppers, Mario Williams, Reggie White, and Jevon Kearse were able to do in terms of off-the-charts athleticism and explosion, raw size-to-speed ratio, flexibility and movement skills, and elite production/dominant film.

He's already clearly in that category. All Clowney has to do is stay healthy.

Surprisingly Seantrel Henderson is listed at #78 and he's not even the best O-lineman on the Canes squad, Brandon Linder is.

the only concern that i have with clowney is that he keeps adding weight and loses some of that explosion and burst...like daquan bowers did a couple years ago...clowney is plenty heavy enough right now...don't gain any more weight

He's not losing any explosion or burst. He's getting more explosive as his frame continues to fill out. This is part of what makes Clowney a legitimately special talent as opposed to the lip service that I've seen get paid to many a player. Bowers is a prime example. I didn't buy the Bowers hype.

Bowers had nowhere near the movement skills and explosion that Clowney has. Bowers didn't have the length that Clowney has to continue adding good weight.

Clowney was running 4.5's this spring at 270 pounds.

Hope you guys had a nice Memorial Day weekend as well. My birthday is tomorrow (May 29th) and this is always around this Holiday, so it is a nice way to kick off the Summer. :brewskis:

I have seen some publications having us taking a DT to possible replace Starks. Daniel McCullers of TENN, Anthony Johnson of LSU, or Louis Nix of Notre Dame, might be a nice fit. It will be interesting to see what Ireland does with Starks, and whether he will give him a long term deal.

Back
Top Bottom