another draft rumor involving QBs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

another draft rumor involving QBs

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
cbs sportsline rumor mill......"New coach Dennis Green is so confident in Josh McCown's talents, that the young quarterback will likely be the team's starter in 2004, according to reports out of Arizona. Also, there has been a suggestion that Green will not draft a quarterback with the team's No. 3 overall draft pick."

I know everyone is saying that no QB will be drafted in round 1 by Miami, but it keeps looking like the opportunity might present itself and may be to good to pass up?

Well, Even if San Diego, Oakland and Arizona pass up on Qb's ( which isn't likely that all three will) I don't see Big Ben, Eli or Rivers falling to us. If Henson joins the draft mix, maybe, but I still doubt Miami drafts a QB with their first pick, especially if we only have one draft pick in the first.

Originally posted by Samphin
Well, Even if San Diego, Oakland and Arizona pass up on Qb's ( which isn't likely that all three will) I don't see Big Ben, Eli or Rivers falling to us. If Henson joins the draft mix, maybe, but I still doubt Miami drafts a QB with their first pick, especially if we only have one draft pick in the first.

I'm not sure which teams would select QB's other than those you listed and Pittsburgh. Looking through the draft order, it seems really unlikely some of the other teams will take a QB (To Me)

I could see Buffalo taking one, especially with it lokoing like Henson could be available. Pittsburgh could pick one up. I just don't see a talent like Eli, or Big ben for that matter slipping that far. If they started to fall, I think you would see a team pick them up if for no ther reason than they would be the best player out there. A team like the Giants could fare to pick up a younger qb along with Pittsburgh and possibly Buffalo and we are cutting it close. Again, this is my opinion and not based on any facts but i just don't see them sliding too far, if at all.

Originally posted by Samphin
If they started to fall, I think you would see a team pick them up if for no ther reason than they would be the best player out there.

Like Miami. :D

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
but it keeps looking like the opportunity might present itself and may be to good to pass up?

Reggie Williams > Phillip Rivers
Rashaun Woods > Phillip Rivers

Re: Re: another draft rumor involving QBs

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Reggie Williams > Phillip Rivers
Rashaun Woods > Phillip Rivers

I could see a reasonable person picking Reggie Williams over Rivers, but not Woods. I like Woods, but Rivers is arguably a top ten pick while Woods is a late 1st rounder at best.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
^^^^^^^

What he said.

:up:

You have A.J. Feeley on your team, and pending on him as the present and future.. now outside of Chambers you have Derrius Thompson. Why the hell would you take Rivers over Woods?

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

:up:

You have A.J. Feeley on your team, and pending on him as the present and future.. now outside of Chambers you have Derrius Thompson. Why the hell would you take Rivers over Woods?

B/c I don't want to spend two years seeing if Feeley is the answer and then start looking for a QB again if he isn't. And b/c 2nd wr is not nearly as important as a QB. Further the wr class is deep enough that good wrs will be available after the first round.

Originally posted by rafael

B/c I don't want to spend two years seeing if Feeley is the answer and then start looking for a QB again if he isn't. And b/c 2nd wr is not nearly as important as a QB. Further the wr class is deep enough that good wrs will be available after the first round.

so thats it huh? rivers just comes right in as a rook and takes over the joint. at least feeley stood on the sidelines and watched the speed of the game and played in it and won and actually taught Mcnabb something.

i would love to get Rivers. i was totally against getting a WR with the first pick. but now i have seen Woods in the bowl game and now the combine. the kid is for real. he can do it all IMO and is fast. We need OL more than anything but one cannot deny that this draft is chalk full of great WR's. well, since feeley is the guy and fielder is back as possible backup, i see the QB spot becoming "taken care of" for this year. To grab Reshaun Woods at 20 would be a franchise type WR IMO. I think Rivers could be a franchis type QB, but i dont think spielman was ever thinking Rivers to begin with. I think he is thinking getting a WR in this draft and OL and S maybe DE. or maybe even a P.

Woods = Rivers
I would be real tempted to get Rivers if he falls to 20 however. I dont think you should rest your case on a position if a guy falls to ya. I would actually personally take Rivers and end up trading Fiedler and get a WR in teh second pick. but i dont think that is in the cards early.

Originally posted by finfan54

so thats it huh? rivers just comes right in as a rook and takes over the joint. at least feeley stood on the sidelines and watched the speed of the game and played in it and won and actually taught Mcnabb something.

i would love to get Rivers. i was totally against getting a WR with the first pick. but now i have seen Woods in the bowl game and now the combine. the kid is for real. he can do it all IMO and is fast. We need OL more than anything but one cannot deny that this draft is chalk full of great WR's. well, since feeley is the guy and fielder is back as possible backup, i see the QB spot becoming "taken care of" for this year. To grab Reshaun Woods at 20 would be a franchise type WR IMO. I think Rivers could be a franchis type QB, but i dont think spielman was ever thinking Rivers to begin with. I think he is thinking getting a WR in this draft and OL and S maybe DE. or maybe even a P.

Woods = Rivers
I would be real tempted to get Rivers if he falls to 20 however. I dont think you should rest your case on a position if a guy falls to ya. I would actually personally take Rivers and end up trading Fiedler and get a WR in teh second pick. but i dont think that is in the cards early.

I never said Rivers would take over. I said I didn't want to wait two years and then start looking again. We have been doing this for a while now. "We're set at QB, we have other needs" then "Well that didn't workout. We still need a QB, but not for the future cause we have to win now" Well the future keeps coming and we keep taking one shot and hoping it hits. When NE drafted Brady they had 4 QBs on the roster and that was with the still young Bledsoe there. The QB position is too important to put all your hope in just one guy. If another QB comes along who could potentially be special, you have to take him.

Originally posted by chambers84
This is old news

Gawdamn! I reported this sh*t back in January!!

I've scooped CBS too?

Back
Top Bottom