Another draft to mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another draft to mock

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
Ideally, the phins will trade down twice. The first w/ Philly for a 2nd rounder. Next with the Bengals for the #21. Instead of acquiring a 3rd rounder this yr, the compensation is a 2nd rounder in 2013. As such, here are my picks.

rdplayerposschoolnotes
1FleenerTEStanford
2aBranchDEClemson
2bJohnsonOLBVirginiafrom Philly
3aGivensWRWake Forest
3bIlokaSBoisefrom Bears
4BergstromOTUtah
5FolesQBArizona
6KellerLBOhio
7BoldenRBOle Miss

that's way too much speculation imo.the stars don't always align. i just don't ever see us taking fleener rnd 1.

Ideally, the phins will trade down twice. The first w/ Philly for a 2nd rounder. Next with the Bengals for the #21. Instead of acquiring a 3rd rounder this yr, the compensation is a 2nd rounder in 2013. As such, here are my picks.

rd
player
pos
school
notes
Fleener
TE
Stanford
2a
Branch
DE
Clemson
2b
Johnson
OLB
Virginia
from Philly
3a
Givens
WR
Wake Forest
3b
Iloka
S
Boise
from Bears
Bergstrom
OT
Utah
Foles
QB
Arizona
Keller
LB
Ohio
Bolden
RB
Ole Miss

Foles will not be there in 5th round

I think i had cam johnson in just about every scenario I could come up with for the phins in round 3. I just keep coming back to that kid.

obviously fleener would be nice, but i just dont see it happening. we have far too many needs in the first round to find ourselves taking coby fleener.

thats quite the trade down scenario you have there.

I started w/ & used Ideally as my caveat. But, in retrospect, should have began with, "Hypothetically & in a perfect world..."

Before starting I thought no way can I pick Fleener & Zeitler and be honest w/ myself.

My rationale was that GB's roster is TE Heavy and the best way to have versatility on offense (i.e. the pats) is to pair Fleener with Clay. I'd keep Fasano & Yeatman and waive Mastrud.

i think foles could be there in the 5th...but more likely probably comes off in the 4th...too much check down in that kid anyways

actually fleener and zeitler would have been better IMO... no need to draft edge rushers back to back... I wouldn't shy away from drafting two edge rushers, but one maybe in the 2nd or 3rd and than maybe a project or a guy thats needs some polishing in a later round...

to each his own... i can appreciate everyones work on mock drafts... i've done a few and they really are hard to fit to a particular team and make them have realistic...

Back
Top Bottom