Another ESPN swipe at the Fins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another ESPN swipe at the Fins

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
"Undrafted Free Agents": The NFL's equivalent of "sloppy seconds" -- you're not really a first choice, but you're still getting some. (It sure beats nothing.)

For example: Why should the Dolphins waste their No. 2 overall pick (or ANY of their picks, for that matter) on a QB, when they can get local college washout Brock Berlin to show up for a tryout?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/quickie

Does it never end with them? Out of what 32 teams they can't find someone else to poke fun at?

bro u know what even though i don't like Brock Berlin i hope that he kicks *** in training camp and makes the team and then ESP can shut the **** up cuz they always talk bad even when we make good moves i.e. Roth, Crowder, Kevin Carter and some others just wait to Sean Salsburry or Ron Jaworski start talking....I Hate BOTH JAWORSKI AND SALSBURRY!!!!

The truth? The swipe is that we didn't use the #2 pick or any pick on a QB, instead we got a potential nobody. To me that sounds like they are swiping at our QB position and Saban's drafting ability.

Wow....ESPN just makes me sick with their anti-Fin slant now. Honestly...I dont care if they like us, but dont make everything our team does sound like a massive screw-up. ESPN is just an office full of butt-chin worshipers (Brady).

i too hope berlin comes to camp and kicks butt i like the kid and hope he makes the team

It'll end when Miami starts winning. Until then, the swipes and jokes will continue.

Gotta earn respect.

Actually, when we were winning a few years ago we were often shortchanged by Berman and co. I like the job Berman does but his bias toward the Bills is often way too much. And, if you listened to ESPN radio, the devoted way too much time to the JETS draft choices yesterday. Ridiculous.

Back to this "slight" on the QB. Who did they expect us to pick? Aaron Rodgers??? At #2??? When several teams had Rodgers as the 3rd best QB. And, what about ALL the teams that passed over the boy at #'s 3-23?
This guy is an imbecile (the writer, not Rodgers).

The fact is, if there was any way possible that Saban would have had Alex Smith staring him in the face at #2 he would have taken him in a heartbeat, imo. Had SF traded down with Minnesota or Cleveland and they took Edwards, we'd be talking about Alex Smith in the Dolphins uniform. Not that he was rated higher than Ronnie Brown - but, you can't pass up a kid that smart.

Smart aleck comments like that evince nothing but shallow brain activity. The synapses just aren't firing properly in that guy's head.

I think Saban would've taken Smith too. But I don't think A.J. is as bad as the ESPN people are making him out to be. they said the same thing last year before the season about Brees. And all he did was have an MVP year. We'll see....

ESPN's disdain for the Dolphins is obvious. You know as well as I do that if the friggin' Patriots would've taken Berlin with the 32nd pick, they'd be geniuses and know something that the rest of the league doesn't.

Read Skip Bayless' article on page 2, even worse...totally bashes Ronnie Brown, but praises the hell out of the Patriot's drafting Logan Mankins...

ESPN is a joke. Did anyone see the draft grade mel kiper gave us?

B-. He labeled Matt Roth as one of the draft day steals, he really likes Ronnie Brown. That would mean the rest of our picks were terrible. Too bad no one else (experts) agree with him about how bad our draft was. I think we got a C+/B- last year too. And there is a big difference in this years and last years draft.

I'm not just talking about having a decent season and maybe winning a first round game.

When's the last time Miami has been dominant?
That's why the Pats can do no wrong in the media's eyes...they've earned it.

During the draft itself, Berman skipped the Matt Roth pick to go into heavy speculation on the Jets possibly taking a kicker. Once the Jets did take the kicker, he spent an entire segment defending the pick...even after the bad draft flashbacks. It wasn't until 2 commercial breaks after Miami picked Roth that the pick was discussed at all, and then, only for a moment. Kiper was starting to laud the pick, and then the segment was over.

ESPN's loyalty to the NY teams and the Pats gets really old after a while.

For once, I thought the bias was very obvious this year, however I am speculating that they did it as a message to Nick Saban and his press policies.

Back
Top Bottom