Another Feely Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Feely Article

I saw a bunch of posts from Philly fans before the Giants game where the Eagles lost like 10-7. Pretty overwhelmingly the issue at debate was that Koy Detmer was probably going to be healthy for the game, so should AJ come out for Koy. The overwhelming answer was heck no, ride the hot hand...Feeley has been pretty impressive, etc.

The question for us then, is why was Koy Detmer the immediate backup in the NFC Title game...cuz I think McNabb got injured for a bit and Koy had to come in. I think the answer could have been that the Eagles wanted to trade Feeley and keep Koy. They went on that offseason to re-sign Koy to a backup QB's contract, and they tried to peddle Feeley off to teams that needed a QB...guess they thought they were smart...but nobody bit and they were pretty majorly disappointed. From then on I think they made Detmer the primary backup in 2002 cuz once again they knew they weren't gonna be able to keep Feeley and they wanted to keep Detmer happy as an Eagle...but if they were really pushed to it I bet if McNabb went down for a matter of weeks instead of just for the game, Feeley would be the starter...kind of like when Testeverde went down and Parcells had Tom Tupa play QB to finish out the game, but the dude who took over for games was Rick Mirer...then Ray Lucas.

It all stands to reason I mean after all we were not the only team with real interest in Feeley this year, and not only are we sending a 2nd round pick for Feeley but we're sending over a future 2nd rounder too.

Back
Top Bottom