Another Hall of Fame Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Hall of Fame Dolphin?

IowaDolfan

IowaDolfan
Reaction score
How is it decided that a team can count a player as one of their Hall of Fame players? Is it predominantly the team they had the most success with or is it who the player wants to be inducted as, whether 1 team or multiple. Like Marcus Allen, he's a Raider and a Chief, isn't he? Or is it as simple as they were on the teams roster? As you probably know, Thurman Thomas made it to the HOF. I'd like to count him as a Dolphin HOFer as well, not that he ever did anything important for us, but I was excited for the season he spent with us. He was always the Bill I hated to face the most, and it was irony he came to Miami for his final season. I wish he had been here longer as the 3rd down guy.

Don't get me wrong, he's a Bill through and through. I'm not saying he should be inducted as a Dolphin over a Bill, that would just be stupid, but I hope he's listed as a Dolphin as well. Congrats Thurman!

And OJ Simpson was a 49er and Tony Dorsett was a Bronco... Doesn't the player decide what team they are inducted with? Like they pick a helmet and jersey from the team they played with?

this is the first player in Dolphin history to be inducted into the Hall of Fame and also not a franchise player.

Wow, how do I not remember him being a dolphin for that short period of time... I went and looked up his career stats just to be sure he really did because i really couldnt remember. wow. i guess im getting old. hah

The Pro Football HOF is different from MLB, whereas football players don't wear team caps for their busts. btw, Thomas the Dolphins killer should never, ever, eva eva eva eva eva eva eva eva be considered a Dolphin.

im talking about Thurman Thomas...

He is a Bill. In fact, I am not entirely convinced that he wasn't still working for the Bills when he came here.

He is a Bill. In fact, I am not entirely convinced that he wasn't still working for the Bills when he came here.
lol.
But..siriously..duing 05 probowl (i think it was 05...) HoFmers played flag Football..Team Marino VS Team Young...And guess wut..Young was in a chiefs jersey...now..how many people consider him a chief? Excatly.

Thurman Thomas is a Bill, not a Dolphin.
Junior Seau is a Charger, not a Dolphin.

Jim Langer went in as a Dolphin, not a Viking
Larry Csonka went in as a Dolphin, not a Giant
Paul Warfield went in as a Dolphin, not a Brown (where he started his career)

Marcus Allen went in as a Chief, not a Raider (where he started his career, but hates Al Davis)

Steve Young in that game was wearing a throwback 49ers jersey, not a Chiefs one.

Players are not inducted as a member of any one team. All teams the player played for are listed.

If you go to the HOFs webpage and show Hall of Famers by franchise, you will see that Thurman Thomas is listed in the Dolphins section as well as the Bills.

Here's the answer to how they're listed.

NOTE: In this listing - a Hall of Famer is named under all clubs on which he made his primary contribution to professional football - (i.e. - Chuck Noll is listed under Pittsburgh as a coach - but not under Cleveland as a player). Hall of Famers who made the major part of their primary contribution for any one club are listed in BOLD CAPS. In cases where a player contributed about equally and in a major way to two or more clubs - he is listed in BOLD CAPS under both clubs (ie. Nick Buoniconti is listed with both the Patriots and Dolphins as his primary teams). Hall of Famers who spent only a minor portion of their career with any club are listed under that club in lower case.

(The numbers inside of the parentheses following the team's name indicates the number of primary Hall of Famers followed by the number of Hall of Famers who spent a minor portion of their career with the team).
(Year) next to Hall of Famer's name is the year of his induction.

Back
Top Bottom