Another Hawkeye comin to Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Hawkeye comin to Miami

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
It appears that LB George Lewis will be signing as a free agent with Miami according to reliable source on Hawkeye Report.com. On side note he already had Miami Dolphin license plates on his car. Gotta love players that want to be Fins.

i watched george lewis at iowa and believe me this is as solid UDFA signing as we will make. these iowa boys are over-achievers like saban is looking for!!

Thanks IA. Is Ed Hinkle a junior or was he draft-eligible? He's got incredible hands, I'd love to see that guy in a Phin uniform; he'd be an ideal 4th-and-6-we-need-this-catch-or-our-season-is-over receiver.

Hinkle and Solomon will both be seniors this up coming season. Hinkle makes some amazing catches. He is also a lot faster than most people give him credit for. Definately would love to see him in a Miami uniform.

must of been another guy Saban tried to recruit to MSU, that got away, and went to Iowa. Be interesting to know if this was the case. If so, sticking to what he knows. We got us another Butch Davis on our hands if so. Is there a GM available out there? Rhetorical question!

George Lewis was overshadowed at Iowa by Chad Greenway and Abdul Hodge, but this guy is a heck of a player. He's 6'2", close to 240 lbs, so he's another big linebacker that Nick is bringing in. From what I remember when seeing him on tape, he's good coming off the edge as a blitzer and has good speed.

He's also from Ft. Lauderdale.

LithoMan said:
must of been another guy Saban tried to recruit to MSU, that got away, and went to Iowa. Be interesting to know if this was the case. If so, sticking to what he knows. We got us another Butch Davis on our hands if so. Is there a GM available out there? Rhetorical question!
HAHAHA. Must be someone that he tried to recruit.HAHAHAHAHA.Cause thats all he knows. You have yet to have an intelligent thought all morning. You sound like a women who just got dumped. And I think I speak for everyone at Finheaven, Dont ever speak and refer any of your incoherent bable and use the word US in the same sentence.

IAFINFAN,

Considering the relationship Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz have, I think we could see a pipeline of talent from Iowa to Miami develop. With the recruiting class you guys had this past year, that isn't a bad thing at all.

BTW, I absolutely love Clinton Solomon as a wide receiver prospect!! I was highly, highly impressed with him last season.

I also think Miami can get a connection with Fresno State and Virginia going, due to the relationship those two coaches have with Nick Saban.

He is not a Butch Davis, if he was, he would have gotten Wilkerson, all the LSU players. Butch Davis, Steve Spurrier both went with players from their schools to lead their teams. Unless Coach Saban is going out, getting Matt Mauck, and letting him start, no need for comparisons. Coach Saban is a football Coach.

KB21 said:
George Lewis was overshadowed at Iowa by Chad Greenway and Abdul Hodge, but this guy is a heck of a player. He's 6'2", close to 240 lbs, so he's another big linebacker that Nick is bringing in. From what I remember when seeing him on tape, he's good coming off the edge as a blitzer and has good speed.

He's also from Ft. Lauderdale.

Actually he was measured at 6007 and weighed 233 at the combine...ran a 4.78.

Doesn't sound any bigger than what we already have....special teams player perhaps at best. NFL Draft Scout rated him 50th best OLB in the draft.

Hey Iowa Guys:

Could you send us

Drew Tate

while you're at it?

Send us someone we really NEED, not another defensive player. :shakeno:

dolphingator said:
Hey iowa Guys:

Could you send us Drew Tate while you're at it?

If Drew wasn't 6'0", 180 lbs, I'd say send him down. He's too small though.

J Tes said:
HAHAHA. Must be someone that he tried to recruit.HAHAHAHAHA.Cause thats all he knows. You have yet to have an intelligent thought all morning. You sound like a women who just got dumped. And I think I speak for everyone at Finheaven, Dont ever speak and refer any of your incoherent bable and use the word US in the same sentence.

truth hurts? Just look to kB21's post right after your's you quoted me on. A pipeline of talent from his friends teams. Nahhh, that dont sound like talent he knows comning to miami..... he cant evaluate talent from all over the country? He has to have his friends tell him whos good, and get guys he knows???

Back
Top Bottom