Another interesting stat for the stat lovers. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another interesting stat for the stat lovers.

I mean zero disrespect towards Jones, but he was basically a game manager yesterday. I don’t think he targeted a WR covered by X the entire game. Obviously, that is a fairly smart game plan for a rookie QB in his first game. However, he had all day to stand in the pocket and make his reads on most throws, which really isn’t going to be realistic moving forward. Let’s see how he plays vs a team that can actually bring pressure.
He did not ever look at X. But he did not have all day either. We hit him 9 times on his 39 drop backs and several times he got a completion while being drilled. That said he didn’t throw the ball very far that often. It was a very conservative gameplan.

I mean zero disrespect towards Jones, but he was basically a game manager yesterday. I don’t think he targeted a WR covered by X the entire game. Obviously, that is a fairly smart game plan for a rookie QB in his first game. However, he had all day to stand in the pocket and make his reads on most throws, which really isn’t going to be realistic moving forward. Let’s see how he plays vs a team that can actually bring pressure.
He had 3 completions on X for 20 yards. The Steelers of yesterday would destroy them.

50% ? That was good in the 70’s but today you have to be 67% or better.
I'm not talking about 18/9 over the course of a season. It's a far better sign that your QB threw for 34 TDs because you can coach the interceptions down and it means the QB is both aggressive as well as making plays.

Except a chunk of the players throwing for more per game had trash teams and were playing catchup all game like Herbert, Burrow, Watson, Ryan etc. Apparently you equate more ypg as mOrE bEtTeR? Also another 20ypg which isn't going to come against the New England secondary for 17 games would move him up all the way up to 7th ahead of Aaron Rodgers, so let's not pretend like there's some cavern between him and the rest of the lot.

As for the efficiency argument, I was being hyperbolic in terms of wanting strictly a 2-1 TD ratio, but Gisecki dropping the throwaway pass instead of bobbling it into the arms of the defense and adding the rush TD to passing if he just as easily threw it to Smythe instead or whoever it was puts his QB rating at 107.3 which would've been good for 4th in the NFL last season ahead of Josh Allen and only behind Watson, Rodgers, and Mahomes. That's the thin line we're talking about here for his overall performance.

Is he there yet? Obviously not, but like I said before the season I want a top 15 QB by the end of the season and with further growth top 10 next year. If you don't see it, that's on you.
Wait, what? I support the guy but you’re really putting that horrendous throw on Gesicki? Had he caught it we’d still say it was the worst throw of the kids young career. All these “only ifs” - good grief. Ryan Tannehill was a 2:1 guy for 7 years here. Then he goes to Tennessee and become a - wait for it - 5:1 guy (40 TDs to 8 turnovers last year).

2:1 isn’t good. As pointed out, it was good Pre 2007.

Wait, what? I support the guy but you’re really putting that horrendous throw on Gesicki? Had he caught it we’d still say it was the worst throw of the kids young career. All these “only ifs” - good grief. Ryan Tannehill was a 2:1 guy for 7 years here. Then he goes to Tennessee and become a - wait for it - 5:1 guy (40 TDs to 8 turnovers last year).

2:1 isn’t good. As pointed out, it was good Pre 2007.
If he's still 2-1 after 5 years then I'm with you, but I'll take 2-1 in volume for his first season a year removed from the injury.

If he's still 2-1 after 5 years then I'm with you, but I'll take 2-1 in volume for his first season a year removed from the injury.
I’m w you there. I think too much is being made of his performance yesterday.

The most important throw of the game was the 1st and 14 on his own 4. How many times have we been backed up in years past and needed to get out of a hole like that but couldn’t. Most of us were thinking the ball was going back to NE on a punt and a short field.

That was a clutch play.

I'm not talking about 18/9 over the course of a season. It's a far better sign that your QB threw for 34 TDs because you can coach the interceptions down and it means the QB is both aggressive as well as making plays.
Oh hahahaha. I thought you meant completion percentage. My bad!

He did not ever look at X. But he did not have all day either. We hit him 9 times on his 39 drop backs and several times he got a completion while being drilled. That said he didn’t throw the ball very far that often. It was a very conservative gameplan.

well let’s see if he has 170 hits in him over 17 games - I think the zip will be gone by the 67th hit - he will be throwing off the back foot by 88

I know it’s not nice cause he’s probably a good kid but I really hope he sucks.

he is a wealthy man he will get over it - he is going to be fine for them but dynamic?
Not the way they play frankly - they need some dynamic play makers to come alongside

he is a wealthy man he will get over it - he is going to be fine for them but dynamic?
Not the way they play frankly - they need some dynamic play makers to come alongside
Everyone is metaphorically felating Belicjik in the media for drafting him after his performance yesterday. Well here’s the thing. He didn’t make a single play down the field (Tua made several) and the lack of dynamic plays played a role in losing the game. So **** him, the media and the Pats.

Everyone is metaphorically felating Belicjik in the media for drafting him after his performance yesterday. Well here’s the thing. He didn’t make a single play down the field (Tua made several) and the lack of dynamic plays played a role in losing the game. So **** him, the media and the Pats.
Yes and Barmore was invisible yesterday and there were WRs on the draft board

I don't know why we gave Jones all those short throws. I would have preferred tight man coverage at the LOS. Make him find the mismatch. Maybe it had something to do with stopping the run.
You mean you didn't like one of the best corner tandems in the league lined up 10yds off the receivers so much??

Back
Top Bottom