another Jay thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

another Jay thread

Originally posted by Phinz1972

Also, people can stats this and stats that, but really, DID BRADY HAVE THE STATS TO WIN A SB, DID ANY OF THE RAVENS OFFENSE HAVE THE STATS TO WIN A SB?

I hate to break it to you, but our defense is NOT as good as the 2000 Ravens and our coaching staff is nowhere NEAR as good as the 2001 Patriots. We CAN'T do what they did.

The point that "He who is not allowed to be named here" has this great winning record is so bogus. We have the record in spite of the QB not because of the QB. We have won because of defense and the running game NOT because fo the QB play.

Originally posted by Jeep
I think it was during OT.. Jay had to scramble and saw (I think) Chamber open down the sideline.. Jay stepped up and threw with everything he had, but the ball came up short and it went for an INT.. no one really b*tched about it because it was 3rd n long and turned out to be as good as a punt..

Now this is where I think my point is made.. Brady saw an open receiver deep down field, on the last play of the game and hit him in stride for the game winning touchdown...

You're forgetting something very important. On the first play, Jay nearly was taken down in the backfield and was scrambling when he heaved it. On Brady's pass, he could have had a stone crab dinner in the pocket before making the throw. You can't compare those two plays.

Originally posted by fin-atic
The point that "He who is not allowed to be named here" has this great winning record is so bogus. We have the record in spite of the QB not because of the QB. We have won because of defense and the running game NOT because fo the QB play.

He would have had another win on his record if someone else hadn't missed two field goals in a range from which he hits at a 93% clip in his career.

Re: Re: another Jay thread

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

You're forgetting something very important. On the first play, Jay nearly was taken down in the backfield and was scrambling when he heaved it. On Brady's pass, he could have had a stone crab dinner in the pocket before making the throw. You can't compare those two plays.

Agreed.. Feidler had to scramble.. but... when he did see the open receiver he under threw the ball for the INT... The throw itself had nothing to do with the scramble or poor o-line protection..

Also agreed, the defensive line ran out of gas on the last play of the game..

Originally posted by LoXiN
Then trade for one (or is it past the deadline?) and shoot two birds with one stone. No more Fiedler bashing if you trade him. No more griese Loving if you trade him. You may need to give up a 3rd or 4th round pick in the process but I think itd be worth it to have a good QB now rather than someone later.

Though of course we want to have both.
past trade deadline. and anywayz that would be a horrible hit to our cap if we got rid of fiedler.

Back
Top Bottom