Another Mutha Forkin’ Tua post. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Mutha Forkin’ Tua post.

You Tua guys are very angry people. If you have a different opinion, that's fine. I'm not asking you to go away.

However, I believe the org saw the same things I did, and was trying to move on from Tua this offseason. We'll see how this plays out.
If they were trying to move on from Tua wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to stay put at #3 to take a QB?? Why not just trade him for a 2nd or third and move on like the Cards did with Rosen?

Eydhws1XEAErlWJ

If they were trying to move on from Tua wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to stay put at #3 to take a QB?? Why not just trade him for a 2nd or third and move on like the Cards did with Rosen?
Not if they didn't like the QBs at #3, and/or the return for Tua.

Everyone is so riled up in this thread. First things first. The organization is fully committed to Tua and had no plans to move on. Would they talk with other teams and explore? By all means because they will listen and talk with every team. But make no mistake. This is Tuas team until it isn’t. And it is and will be for at least the next two seasons if not longer. Give the guy a chance and build the roster around him. He will be just fine.

Is this Delvin Williams? Still chapped at the organization for a career unfulfilled...

If a team truly believes a QB is not the QBOTF which is the opinion you hold when it comes to Tua why wouldn't they get what they can for him trade wise and move on. You say the organization saw what you saw which means they saw that he was a bust which means his stock is not going to get any better. Tua had a better rookie year than Rosen and Rosen fetched a 2nd, I have to assume Tua would have gotten at least a 3rd.

If Tua doesn't take the next step this coming season his value will drop even more just like Rosens value dropped after his 2nd season. It doesn't make sense to not trade him now unless unlike you they believe he WILL improve this season OR they aren't ready to move on from him and wish to further evaluate which means they weren't trying to move on from him.

There is something very wrong in Miami when it comes to finding o-linemen.

Agreed.

But this current regime isn’t responsible for ancient history. They can only be judged by what they’ve done.

Flores is going into his 3rd season and Grier didn’t get full say as GM until the offseason when Flores was brought it. So in effect they both should only be judged by the 3 drafts and offseasons they’ve had together.

The jury is still out. But at least they’ve got the team ascending. And the oline was improved from the season before. Hopefully that trend continues.

If a team truly believes a QB is not the QBOTF which is the opinion you hold when it comes to Tua why wouldn't they get what they can for him trade wise and move on. You say the organization saw what you saw which means they saw that he was a bust which means his stock is not going to get any better. Tua had a better rookie year than Rosen and Rosen fetched a 2nd, I have to assume Tua would have gotten at least a 3rd.

If Tua doesn't take the next step this coming season his value will drop even more just like Rosens value dropped after his 2nd season. It doesn't make sense to not trade him now unless unlike you they believe he WILL improve this season OR they aren't ready to move on from him and wish to further evaluate which means they weren't trying to move on from him.
Because again, they might not have liked the QB options at the 3rd pick, or found it worth the trade-off. For example, say they got a late 1st rounder for Tua, and they drafted Trey Lance 3rd. They might have liked the package of Waddle, Tua, 2023 1st rounder, 2022 third, and 2021 fifth-rounder vs Lance & late 1st rounder.

I think it's reasonable to believe the Dolphins were in on Deshaun sweepstakes. I didn't see them Joe Burrow/Justin Herbert committed to Tua. Did you?

What we have here in finheaven are people getting overly excited, and people being easy to shut everything down in a negative way. This thread is an example of that. And then you have pro tua, tua haters, and extremists. Just wait until week 1 starts, these threads are just food for trolls lol. This video is good execution by tua, but it is also a great play call. There isn't anything special. We are expecting a lot of him this year.

Tua threw 117 passes to the left and 100 to the right... This is nothing out of the ordinary IMO...

There you go again......bringing factual data into a debate.
I stated in my post I don't break down tape ... I wasn't really commenting on his stats either ... they look just fine ... my eyes showed me (and yes they are old) and my memory reminds me that Tua seemed more comfortable and more successful throwing to the left ... and when things slid sideways I can't recall any moments where he made the type of plays that separate him from middle of the pack.

If my OP wasn't clear on my point I apologize. Like I said (somewhere) we all hope he is the answer but stats aside he's yet to show it IMO.... and when I say he hasn't shown it I mean I haven't seen that intangible come out to play yet.

Agreed.

But this current regime isn’t responsible for ancient history. They can only be judged by what they’ve done.

Flores is going into his 3rd season and Grier didn’t get full say as GM until the offseason when Flores was brought it. So in effect they both should only be judged by the 3 drafts and offseasons they’ve had together.

The jury is still out. But at least they’ve got the team ascending. And the oline was improved from the season before. Hopefully that trend continues.
On one hand you're right, but on the other hand there's another way of looking at this. Yes, Grier is going into his 3rd season as GM, but he has been with the team for a lot longer. So, the person holding the title of GM makes the draft pick, but where is he getting all of his information from? Who is scouting these players, evaluating them, and passing their reports up the chain of command? The GM is not checking out every single player eligible for the draft; it's impossible. He has to rely on the recommendations of those below him. And, I'd be willing to bet that when Ireland, Hickey, and Tannenbaum got canned, all or nearly all of the other people working below them kept their jobs. As I stated in a previous post, the people who thought Jonathan Martin and Dallas Thomas were quality NFL linemen could still be involved in scouting and evaluating linemen today.

Ultimately the blame falls on the GM when draft picks don't work out, but it's not always 100% his fault. This is why I suggested that if they don't get the o-line fixed now, then EVERYONE who is involved should be replaced. Is that harsh? Yes. But, let's be realistic; other teams get decent o-line play from 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks (with the occasional 1st) while Miami keeps using 1st round picks with no positive return on their investment. So, either the GMs are complete idiots or they're working off of bad information. Because Miami's line has sucked for so long under numerous GMs, the fault probably lies with the people supplying them with that information.

This lil tidbit is interesting.

Who knows..it up too Tua going forward...Tua got keys to dolphins.. dont let no other qb out perform u or take key. Either it going work or it not going work out

I stated in my post I don't break down tape ... I wasn't really commenting on his stats either ... they look just fine ... my eyes showed me (and yes they are old) and my memory reminds me that Tua seemed more comfortable and more successful throwing to the left ... and when things slid sideways I can't recall any moments where he made the type of plays that separate him from middle of the pack.

If my OP wasn't clear on my point I apologize. Like I said (somewhere) we all hope he is the answer but stats aside he's yet to show it IMO.... and when I say he hasn't shown it I mean I haven't seen that intangible come out to play yet.
Not trying to single you out by any means... Sometimes our intuitions arent really in line with whats really happening. We tend to remember the flashy plays whether good or bad... In reality, Tua wasnt all that much better throwing to his left than to his right, He was much better throwing to his right from 0-10 yards, slightly better throwing to the left from 10-20 yards and much much much better throwing 20 yards+ to the right.

Back
Top Bottom