Another NBA Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another NBA Mock Draft

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
I've been taking shots at Buddwalk's mock draft for awhile, so it's only fair to give him something to find fault with. ;)

Milwaukee - Marvin Williams - word is that Terry Porter was a big Bogut fan. With him gone, they're free to make the right move.
Atlanta - Andrew Bogut - the Hawks, like many teams, are weak at the big and small spots and loaded with swingmen.
Portland - Chris Paul - they won't take him; someone's trading for this pick. But Paul's going here to someone, in all likelihood.
New Orleans - Deron Williams - in fact, think there's about a 50% chance someone's moving up for this pick, too. There's talk about a Jamaal Magliore for 7 and 16 swap, which would be terrible for the Raps but great for the Hornets.
Charlotte - Gerald Green - the Bobcats can afford to be patient. Also, I think they're swapping picks with Portland, and if that's the case, Green's definitely the man at 5.
Utah - Danny Granger - Martell Webster is a popular pick here, but given Jerry Sloan's distaste for the three pointer, I don't think he's the guy. I look for Granger, who's a finished product. This would also make sense if Utah and New Orleans make a swap, and I think they may.
Toronto - Raymond Felton - they want Green, but not enough to move up for him. They settle for a very good point guard.
New York - Channing Frye - the Knicks have promised this spot to Frye and are glad he's still around.
Golden State - Fran Vazquez - they want Frye, but he's gone, so they go for another long and athletic forward to add to their frontcourt.
Los Angeles Lakers - Martell Webster - I'm not sure the Lakers are picking here, and if they are, they're definitely bummed that Felton is gone. Webster's the long-range shooter they need, though.
Orlando - Antoine Wright - in the absence of a big point guard, the Magic take probably the best available swingman.
Los Angeles Clippers - Yaroslav Korolev - word is they've promised him this spot, and I'll buy it.
Charlotte - Sean May - the Bobcats are conscious of the local fanbase, and could use a good low post scorer, to boot.
Minnesota - Andrew Bynum - word is that either they or the Lakers promised him a spot. I'm buying that theory. The Wolves need a real center but can wait a coupe years for Bynum to develop.
New Jersey - Hakim Warrick - this is one of the few mid-round picks I'm pretty sure about.
Toronto (from Philadelphia via Denver and New Jersey) - Joey Graham - adding Felton and Graham would really help the rebuilding process around Chris Bosh.
Indiana - Ike Diogu - this team is extremely thin at power forward.
Boston - Martynas Andruskevicius - the C's have a lot of talented youngsters vying for playing time, so taking a player they can stash overseas for a couple years makes sense.
Memphis - Jarrett Jack - best available point guard for a team that's probably losing Earl Watson and would like to lose Jason Williams.
Denver (from Washington via Orlando) - Roko Ukic - the Nuggets are probably stashing one of their two first rounders in Europe for a couple years.
Phoenix (from Chicago) - Charlie Villanueva - this athletic forward is a perfect fit for their run and gun style.
Denver - Francisco Garcia - I think everyone has this pick locked in. Who am I to argue?
Sacramento - Chris Taft - total hunch here; I just don't think Taft, who has the talent of a #1 pick, is going to fall much farther, considering the Kings' constant need for bigs.
Houston - Wayne Simien - the Rockets need a sharp-elbowed, belligerent 4, and Simien isn't ideal, but he's good enough.
Seattle - Julius Hodge - I'm stealing from FOX, who claims that Hodge is a lock at 25 if he's there.
Detroit - Ersan Ilyasova - the Pistons have a history of taking Euros, and are counting on bigger roles from Darko Milicic, Carlos Delfino and Carlos Arroyo to solve their depth problems, so they take the talented Ilyasova and stash him.
Utah (from Dallas) - Monta Ellis - rough draft for the Jazz, who miss out on their preferred point guards, and are left to try and develop Ellis.
San Antonio - Rashad McCants - I don't actually think he gets this far, but he won't fall any farther.
Miami - Randolph Morris - at first, I was thinking Luther Head, but with retirement a possibility for Alonzo Mourning, Udonis Haslem a restricted free agent and not much else aside from Shaq, getting a big man is a priority.
New York (from Phoenix via San Antonio) - Andray Blatche - the best guys on the board are swingmen, of which the Knicks already have too many, so they go for upside.

Milwaukee - Marvin Williams - word is that Terry Porter was a big Bogut fan. With him gone, they're free to make the right move.

They still should take Bogut. He's a hard worker, as alot of great skills that guys like Yao Ming and even Shaq don't have, and if you want to resign Redd you go big.

the Heat have picked up the option on Zo's contract so he will be playing this year... Riley will do his best to re-sign Haslem but if I could get Wayne Simien then I would be fine with letting him go. Haslem was good in the playoffs but I don't think he's good enough to dominate and I think Simien has what it takes to dominate

All I can say is interesting...Well one more day til it all turns out and were both 100% wrong haha

Martell Webster will be a JailBlazer. They're trading down specifically so they can pick him without reaching. The Heat need to go with BPA. Morris doesn't sound like an impact player like Head could be. Plus Head to the Heat, it might be meant to be!

I think the Heat could also go for Ryan Gomes. He could be an interesting player because he's got a pretty big body and a sweet stroke.

ChambersWI said:
They still should take Bogut. He's a hard worker, as alot of great skills that guys like Yao Ming and even Shaq don't have, and if you want to resign Redd you go big.

Here's my problem with Bogut: everyone's saying "he could be the next Vlade Divac or Brad Miller." Fine. That's a good player. But would you pick Vlade Divac or Brad Miller, in their primes, #1 overall? I sure wouldn't.

nick1 said:
the Heat have picked up the option on Zo's contract so he will be playing this year... Riley will do his best to re-sign Haslem but if I could get Wayne Simien then I would be fine with letting him go. Haslem was good in the playoffs but I don't think he's good enough to dominate and I think Simien has what it takes to dominate

I didn't know that Zo was confirmed to be back. If so, that decreases the chances of taking Morris a bit. Head or Ryan Gomes would probably be the pick if they don't go for Morris. I would be shocked if Simien was still on the board, but in a draft this deep, anything's possible.

RWhitney014 said:
Martell Webster will be a JailBlazer. They're trading down specifically so they can pick him without reaching.

I could definitely see that. Local kid (kind of), they'd have their backcourt of the future in place, and they need a long range gunner. Unfortunately, since I have no idea what pick the Blazers will have, other than not #3, I couldn't really prognosticate based on that and throw my whole draft out of whack (like it won't be anyway).

the Heat could use a true PG, I don't feel like Damon Jones is a starting caliber PG. So if we get Luther Head or if Jarret Jack just so happens to fall that far like one mock draft I've seen says he will then he'd be great.

Do you guys think Nate Robinson can make it in the NBA?

nick1 said:
the Heat could use a true PG, I don't feel like Damon Jones is a starting caliber PG. So if we get Luther Head or if Jarret Jack just so happens to fall that far like one mock draft I've seen says he will then he'd be great.

Do you guys think Nate Robinson can make it in the NBA?

I would be shocked if Jack falls to the Heat. Luther Head is a decent possibility, though.

There's no reason Robinson can't make it in the NBA, but he's not going in round 1. If Earl Boykins can make a name for himself, so can Robinson, who's probably more skilled. Robinson is a smart player who is extremely quick and can get to the basket. He's not as much of a floor general as you'd like, though. I think he's a competent point, but is really more of an undersized combo guard, because he looks to score more. But he could become a very good third guard who comes in for a change of pace. A Western Conference team that puts a premium on fast-break offense would be a good home for him. The Mavs, Suns and Sonics all come readily to mind. The Mavs didn't get great point guard play this year, the Suns could use some Steve Nash insurance and the Sonics are probably losing Antonio Daniels and have had great success with smallball.

Here's my problem with Bogut: everyone's saying "he could be the next Vlade Divac or Brad Miller." Fine. That's a good player. But would you pick Vlade Divac or Brad Miller, in their primes, #1 overall? I sure wouldn't.

I usually hear Bogut compared to Sabonis (who is one the the greatest C's to ever play, unfortunatly he didn't play in the NBA until the twilight of his career). Vlade was a great player in his prime, a great passer and a decent shooter. So if he plays like Vlade did in the early 90's the Bucks will be happy.

But the one problem I have with these comparisons is the unwritten rule that you can only compare white players to white players and black players to black players. Why do you think everybody kept comparing KVH and Dunleavy to Larry Bird? Alot of people I have talked to think Bogut's game resembles Robert Parrish, but less shot blocking (he has a similar body to Parrish).

everybody I've talked to says that Williams will be a superstar and will be a better player then Bogut will be so I wonder why wouldn't the Bucks take Williams instead of Bogut (everyone still says the Bucks will pick Bogut)

Well this is the day folks about 8 more hours to go and we'll find out who the bucks pick [will be bogut hands down] imo if the bucks pass on bogut then people everywhere will be saying 10 years later why did they pass on bogut...marvin williams is gonna be a bust imo...the kid wasnt even a starter at UNC. I know hes very athletic and has talent but in his workouts he shot the three very poorly and his midrange jumper was ugly. Only thing he really did well is showcade his athleticism. Bogut in his workout impressed everyone and actually showcased all of his talents to the fullest

Buddwalk said:
Well this is the day folks about 8 more hours to go and we'll find out who the bucks pick [will be bogut hands down] imo if the bucks pass on bogut then people everywhere will be saying 10 years later why did they pass on bogut...marvin williams is gonna be a bust imo...the kid wasnt even a starter at UNC. I know hes very athletic and has talent but in his workouts he shot the three very poorly and his midrange jumper was ugly. Only thing he really did well is showcade his athleticism. Bogut in his workout impressed everyone and actually showcased all of his talents to the fullest

So you are saying that just because he was a backup and he had a poor workout, he is gonna be a bust? Workouts are overrated IMO and you need to watch him play instead of watching his workouts.

PhinDude88 said:
So you are saying that just because he was a backup and he had a poor workout, he is gonna be a bust? Workouts are overrated IMO and you need to watch him play instead of watching his workouts.

He choked in the ncaa tournament not putting up good numbers

I've watched the kid play i really only see athleticism and youth thats it. Hes got alot of potential but whoever grabs him is gonna wait 2-3 years before they see anything from him. Bogut is a surefire player and has to be the bucks pick...they would be the fools of the millinium if they let him pass. Heres the players imo who will make the most impact there first year in the nba

Andrew Bogut
Deron Williams
Chris Paul
Danny Granger
Antoine Wright
Hakim Warrick
Joey Graham
Jarrett Jack
Francisco Garcia

PhinDude88 said:

Thats why those who make mock drafts are generally mocked. There is good reason why Marvin is going to be a top 2 pick and it has nothing to do with a workout where he goes one on one against some padding.

Back
Top Bottom