Another option at center | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another option at center

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Since i'm probably one of the many who doesn't want to pick a center in the first round, there is a guy who may be there in round 2 or 3.
His name is AQ Shipley. He is from Penn State.

http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2008/12/10/688504/a-q-shipley-wins-rimington

He won this award for the best center in college football, and he went to my high school.

Shipley will be the first Nittany Lions player to receive the bronze statue, which has been presented to the nation's outstanding center since its inception in 2000.
"He's always been a guy that's been a great leader, and a guy that's been out front," said Capuano, who said he talked to Shipley Monday night. "He was the only guy at Moon to be a captain as a junior. And then he was a captain at Penn State."

I think Jonathan Luigs, Arkansas Center, would be a great pick with our 2nd pick of Round 2.

1. Louisville_logo-1.gif
    Eric Wood, Louisville
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 304.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.09.
    Projected Round (2009): 3-4.

1/8/09: Eric Wood has made 49 consecutive starts. Crazy. He was voted to the All-Big East First Team.

5/26/08: You're getting a rock at center if you draft Eric Wood; he's started 37 consecutive games. He was voted to the All-Big East first team last year.

2007: A member of the All-Big East second team in 2006, Eric Wood started all 13 games as a sophomore.
is this the guy you're referring to?

I like the height and weight. I haven't seen him play too much.

AQ comes back to his old high school (my current high school) to work out during the summer, and let me tell you the dude is an absolute beast.

He was a 3 year starter on the basketball team here and we have one of the most successful basketball teams in the Western Pennsylvania conference.

He is quick, strong, and plays with an attitude as well as having a strong moral character.

If we could snag AQ in the 3rd it will be a huge steal.

He would come back to do sprints on the field, and then he would run with cinder blocks attached to his ankles and it looked like he was running at the same speed. The dude is an absolute specimen for a center.

Luigs has shown the he can't handle the massive nose tackles he'll face with Miami...

Antoine Caldwell has proven to be the best center capable of anchoring against the nose tackles and the bullrush...he's the best fit for Miami's scheme IMO...

Followed by Wood and Shipley...

we will get a center, WR & nose guard (all starters) this off season
wake has taken care of the rush

i have to agree with Teddslimjr...

i have been liking Antoine Caldwell more and more i see him. he has awesome feet (which seems rare in the class of OL)... gets into guys quick, and has solid strength (which he also looks like he can bulk up more)... he has played C and G, so he can be an option in either for miami. also a later 3-4 pick probably

i really dont want to go high picks for lineman this year... so he fits what i like!!!

Could Satele be moved to RG, and be our quick OL? It would keep him away from being heads up with a NT, and let him do what he does best in pulling and trapping.

Could Satele be moved to RG, and be our quick OL? It would keep him away from being heads up with a NT, and let him do what he does best in pulling and trapping.

Satele is best suited at center. At 300 pounds, he is as big as most of the centers coming out this year. He is probably as strong as most of them and quicker too. And that's not to mention experienced. It would be lucky to even find one or two who could beat him out. Remember, the center makes the line calls and is the QB of the OL.

Also, Sparano likes a beefy strong OL. 300 pound guards aren't exactly big. Thomas is 310 and strong as an ox. Sparano I'm sure is very happy with the two starting guards he has. He just needs depth.

After the problems with health last year, I hope he gets what he wants. Another gem like Thomas in the later rounds would be awesome if one is there. :up:

Back
Top Bottom