another ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

another ricky?

badfoot

nonpredictor
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
anyone else think we missed the boat on rickyWATTERS? I have always liked this guy and feel he could do more than most the other backs we have ,sure hes a little older but i think he still has some gas in the tank for a few years . I keep looking at what we have behind ricky williams and feel this could have been a great pick up . ANybody ?

Originally posted by badfoot
anyone else think we missed the boat on rickyWATTERS? I have always liked this guy and feel he could do more than most the other backs we have ,sure hes a little older but i think he still has some gas in the tank for a few years . I keep looking at what we have behind ricky williams and feel this could have been a great pick up . ANybody ?
he would be a great backup talent-wise, but I thought he wanted to start back when he was first let go / not signed. Not sure he'll have the right attitude to be backup

I am also sure he would want wayyyy more than the vet minimum...

Ricky(Watters) will retire if he is not PAID what Ricky(Watters) wants. He wants a decent contract and an oppurtunity to start, and he won't get either here, so he NEVER was a factor after Williams came aboard. Before that I'm sure he was somewhere on the radar.

If you are waiting for any news about Watters and the Phins you better light a fire and store lots of beer, cause it ain't never gonna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah..... an all-pro running back who could start for a team like the texans, bucs, cards, or lions etc. will sign for the vet min to back-up RW......

No..Miami needs to look to the Future and not waste spots with older running backs who have maybe 1-2 years left..I think minor is a great change of pace back,,who maybe able to carry 20 times a game if necessary..Edwards--we'll have to see..but if he's fully recovered..we have a steal..and Lenard,(r)..didn't rush for 7000 yards by accident in college..not matter the league..There's something there. He's looked good in Mini Camp also..now lets see if those cuts translate to yardage when the pads come on.
Our backfield is solid..We all know about Dyer and Konrad.

"..and Lenard,(r)..didn't rush for 7000 yards by accident in college..not matter the league..There's something there."

Have to argue with ya there MD. Although he may be good player, only time will tell, his college stats really don't mean a thing. Troy Davis is one of the NCAA's leading rushers of ALL TIME. Just because he had a lot at Iowa State didn't mean a damn thing when he got to New England, and it crertainly didn't scare me as a Phin Fan.

Who is Troy Davis?? Exactly my point. He is, and was, a nobody in the world of pro football. He is toiling away in the CFL now, and doesn't look like he will ever make it back to the real L.

Now don't get me wrong, Henry does have some skill and could make it big, but just because he had a lot of yards in college doesn't mean much to pro defensive players. He has to prove he can play on THIS level.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
[Have to argue with ya there MD. Although he may be good player, only time will tell, his college stats really don't mean a thing. Troy Davis is one of the NCAA's leading rushers of ALL TIME. Just because he had a lot at Iowa State didn't mean a damn thing when he got to New England, and it crertainly didn't scare me as a Phin Fan.

Who is Troy Davis?? Exactly my point. He is, and was, a nobody in the world of pro football. He is toiling away in the CFL now, and doesn't look like he will ever make it back to the real L.

Now don't get me wrong, Henry does have some skill and could make it big, but just because he had a lot of yards in college doesn't mean much to pro defensive players. He has to prove he can play on THIS level. [/B]

Leonard Henry
SELECTED BY MIAMI , ROUND 7, PICK 30, OVERALL PICK 241
RB | (6-0, 206, 4.58) | EAST CAROLINA
By Pro Football Weekly

Positives: Well built and muscular. Does not look or play small. Good athlete. Shows good vision and pick-and-slide running inside. Quick to the hole, runs hard and finishes off runs. Has enough speed to get outside and to break the long run. Has improved his pass catching. Superproductive in '01.

Have to agree with you that he hasn't proven anything yet..but he was drafted, that's a plus..and I'm sure Miami was picking the best available player by then..but for some reason I think this guy has something..unfortuately he won't really get a chance to prove it here with Ricky in the backfield..I'll give you this much, coming from East Carolina running a wishbone type formation does sometime inflat the stats..but I think his vision may help him. The scouts say he has good vision and I think he displayed a little of that in minicamp...but pads will tell all..won't they??

I'd like for us to keep him on the active roster because I'm afraid if we place him on the practice squad someone will snatch him up IF he has a good training camp. Heck, Denver snatched Winey up last year and he wasn't setting the world on fire. By the way, I wonder how Winey is doing now?

:) :) :)

The one thing to watch about Leonard Henry is that against good schools and good defenses, he continued to do extremely well. The bad part of that is a lot of his yards came on option plays. But lets put it this way he did about the best you could possibly do in the situation he was in which is why he had some (on the outset) astounding numbers. Nothing about his performance gave you reason to doubt that he could make it in the NFL, but it didn't necessarily do any convincing that he could make it in the NFL either. Its a true 50/50 type of thing...either he really is that good, or he really was just taking advantage of a system tailor-made for him.

AMEN BROTHER!!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
Ricky(Watters) will retire if he is not PAID what Ricky(Watters) wants. He wants a decent contract and an oppurtunity to start, and he won't get either here, so he NEVER was a factor after Williams came aboard. Before that I'm sure he was somewhere on the radar.

If you are waiting for any news about Watters and the Phins you better light a fire and store lots of beer, cause it ain't never gonna happen.

My cousins played with him at BISHOP McDEVITT in Harrisburg, Pa!! They still talk to him pretty regularly and BOD pretty much summed it up!!! He will retire!! Unless something attractive appears!

Ricky Watters would not be a good pickup. He has a big ego, and is a very selfish player. If he is not the feature back he sulks and complains.

Back
Top Bottom