Another Shula as head coach ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Shula as head coach ?

dolphindan1970

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Just a question for all you Dolphin fans. I have followed the Dolphins since 1970 and I absolutely love the team, as well as our rich tradition. I'm not trying to get a fire Wannsteadt thread going here either, as this question is hypothetical, and can apply to next year, 3 years, or even 10 years down the road, when the guy might be ready. Here is my thought, and question to you all. Part of the rich Miami Tradition of course is our much loved former coach, Don Shula. His son, Mike, now at Alabama I really like, and I think will show within a few years that he is a great coach. Would you eventually want Mike Shula coming back to lead the Dolphins as Head Coach sometime down the road and follow in his fathers footsteps ?
Again all, this is not meant to start an argument on fire or keep Wannsteadt thing, one way or another, just to see what many of you think /feel about Mike and his chances of ever coming back and coaching the Dolphins , sometime down the road. Thanks in advance for all your replies ! ;)

Mike Shula is a long way off from NFL head coaching consideration. Let's see him turn around the Crimson Tide, then we'll talk. If that team is back to national championship contender status in 5 years, it's a possibility. After all, Mike has a fair amount of NFL experience already, so he wouldn't be coming in blind, like many college coaches.

Back
Top Bottom