Another slow news day eh... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another slow news day eh...

Lee2000

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I think signing Morris was a very good move, but I have a gut feeling Miami believes they will have the services of Ricky Williams.

Anyone in the Jacksonville area know what is going on with free agents Pearson (ol) and Cooper (safety)?

I believe Miami might be a little gunshy about taking a wr at 16. Yes it is a deep draft at lb, but Miami does not have a 2nd, 5th, and 6th rd pick. I am undecided between Lawson, Greenway, and Ryans. Anyone have strong opinions? (i am certain you do)

My strong opinion is lawson or greenway i really dont care which one, and on pearson and cooper id take them both in a heart beat i think they both can come in and conrtibutre right away and imrpove the team

I think the more we look at Safetys, O-lineman, and lavar

The more WR becomes the best possibility at #16

If we get Lavar and Deke I think we go WR

If not we go LB or Safety

Trade up somehow, and draft AJ HAWK!!!
clear.gif

I hope we get Lavar. If we dont, i say we draft a LB.
WR will still be solid with Chambers and Booker. Givens would have been a great pick up but thats gone. Its LB then Safety for me regarding draft.

Fin_dlayOhioFin said:

lets not and say we did, we have the least draft picks in the league i think and we need to trade down to get a late 1st and a 2nd, possibly another 3rd,

Fin_dlayOhioFin said:
I dont think that will happen. AJ Hawk is a prized player. Would take serious trade up to get him and we dont have too many options to trade with. LB isnt a major worry for us. We need some new blood yes but not panic button proportions. Crowder, Zach and Lavar or another LB via draft will see us ok.

we dont need a wrchambers is awesome booker is the perfect clutch guy we got welker and u all like fred plus we just signed that dude from minnesota.were set at wr but we should definately go lb in draft if we dont get lavar.ilb or olb doesnt matter we can switch their position look at crowder.

FanMarino said:
I dont think that will happen. AJ Hawk is a prized player. Would take serious trade up to get him and we dont have too many options to trade with. LB isnt a major worry for us. We need some new blood yes but not panic button proportions. Crowder, Zach and Lavar or another LB via draft will see us ok.

nicely put...yeah we have other needs...don't watn to pull a "Ditka" and trade all our picks away for one player....trading down is our best option, IMO...trade down, take the BPA and hopefully we can take a good player in 2nd....This draft is deep in talent at many spots, so picking up a 2nd is a MUST....

bojang1es187 said:
we dont need a wrchambers is awesome booker is the perfect clutch guy we got welker and u all like fred plus we just signed that dude from minnesota.were set at wr but we should definately go lb in draft if we dont get lavar.ilb or olb doesnt matter we can switch their position look at crowder.

yea i totally agree with that we do not need another WR we have to pro bowl receivers now, Booker was a pro bowler in Chicago i think or almost was, but yea we also have a good #3 in welker/cambell, and we need to also wait to see what fred gibson has to offer

phinfan999 said:
yea i totally agree with that we do not need another WR we have to pro bowl receivers now, Booker was a pro bowler in Chicago i think or almost was, but yea we also have a good #3 in welker/cambell, and we need to also wait to see what fred gibson has to offer
Yep and dont forget weve got a pro bowl calibre QB throwing the damn ball at last!

phinfan999 said:

You're absolutely right. Booker was in the Pro Bowl in Chi and would put up bigger #s with more opportunities and a more accurate QB like Pep. I'd like to see us draft a pass rushing OLB if we don't land LA(but I think we will). Someone like Ernie Sims. The guy's got so much speed and he can really HIT.

Nick Mangold, also out of Ohio State, would be a great pick too! Move Wade Smith (is he still our C?) to Guard b/c Mangold is a stud!

Back
Top Bottom